$2,000 to spend on scope…..

Picked up a Trijicon Tenmile 3-18x44. Pretty impressive at the price point. Glass has some distortion at the edges on 3x but is gone by 5x. Turrets are not as sharp and crisp as I'd like but not terrible.
Other than the distortion at the bottom of the magnification range the glass is very clear. Reticle is just the righ weight without being too heavy at the low and or too thick at the top end.

Still hoping to find a Leupold Mark 5 model 180725.

How usable is the reticle without being lit at low X?

I need a scope for an upcoming 6.5 SAUM build. This gun is built with intentions of being a light, handy packing rifle. Rifle should finish somewhere in the 7#'ish range sans optics.

I have a budget of NO MORE than $2,000 to spend on a scope for this rifle.

Must haves are:
  • FFP
  • 18x or higher magnification
  • MIL/MIL illuminated reticle
  • Solid positive turrets, locking elevation would be a plus.
  • 25oz or less preferred.
What is the best scope I can get for my stated budget with the options above? Again $2000 is my MAX budget.
VX-6HD 3-18x44. 21.6 oz. $1,800.00. Incredibly clear, not to big and plenty of magnification to safely take game to 600 yards. For a real treat, look at Holland Shooting Supply in Oregon. He has a special reticle with ranging properties!
NoMaggiesDrawers, Idaho

VX-6HD 3-18x44. 21.6 oz. $1,800.00. Incredibly clear, not to big and plenty of magnification to safely take game to 600 yards. For a real treat, look at Holland Shooting Supply in Oregon. He has a special reticle with ranging properties!
NoMaggiesDrawers, Idaho
I have VX6 scopes but they are 2nd focal plane and MOA. That's not what I'm looking for in this scope.