$2,000 to spend on scope…..

Mike D Texas

I need a scope for an upcoming 6.5 SAUM build. This gun is built with intentions of being a light, handy packing rifle. Rifle should finish somewhere in the 7#'ish range sans optics.

I have a budget of NO MORE than $2,000 to spend on a scope for this rifle.

Must haves are:
  • FFP
  • 18x or higher magnification
  • MIL/MIL illuminated reticle
  • Solid positive turrets, locking elevation would be a plus.
  • 25oz or less preferred.
What is the best scope I can get for my stated budget with the options above? Again $2000 is my MAX budget.

Leupold vx6hd.
mine has been flawless. Glass, eye relief, light weight and has tracked spot on for over a year. and I've dialed mine out to 1000 yards all the time.
this is what I've used and have not had a reason to switch.
outside of that if I had to get a different scope then I'd look at nightforce. What most pro shooters use.

I looked at the Trijicon but if I recall they are a bit heavier than I was looking for.
Okay cool! I've looked long and hard at your requirements list, since mine is almost the exact same. I just don't want or care to have illumination. So I've got a Mark 5 3.6-18 non illuminated. A trijicon tenmile 3-18 SFP. And a March FX 4.5-28 non illuminated on order. The March was around $3000 though. But it sure seems like a badass scope on paper.

Leupold vx6hd.
mine has been flawless. Glass, eye relief, light weight and has tracked spot on for over a year. and I've dialed mine out to 1000 yards all the time.
this is what I've used and have not had a reason to switch.
outside of that if I had to get a different scope then I'd look at nightforce. What most pro shooters use.
I have a couple of VX6HD scopes. They are not FFP. And I don't think they are available MIL/MIL.

Okay cool! I've looked long and hard at your requirements list, since mine is almost the exact same. I just don't want or care to have illumination. So I've got a Mark 5 3.6-18 non illuminated. A trijicon tenmile 3-18 SFP. And a March FX 4.5-28 non illuminated on order. The March was around $3000 though. But it sure seems like a badass scope on paper.
I wouldn't mind a used March but they don't come around very often.