$2,000 to spend on scope…..

If your wanting under 25 oz I think your looking at either the Trijicon Tenmile or the Vortex LHT 4.5-22. The little MK5 is 26 and a NX8 is a little over 28 depending on model. I have been looking for this same scope now for a few years lol.

Nightforce and Tract both seem to have the recipe right. I prefer the features of the Tract, but i know the Nightforce will be rock solid.

Element Optics Nexus checks all the boxes but is a couple ounces over your target. The Razor LHT FFP is good but misses the mark on the positive turrets requirement. You could try and get a demo NX8 or MK5 on Scopelist, but I personally wouldn't pay full retail for either of those.

Element Optics Nexus checks all the boxes but is a couple ounces over your target. The Razor LHT FFP is good but misses the mark on the positive turrets requirement. You could try and get a demo NX8 or MK5 on Scopelist, but I personally wouldn't pay full retail for either of those.
The Razor LHT definitely has a different feel on the turrets. I don't know if I would say they aren't positive though. It seems like there is a wider valley between clicks and they used some sort of rounded point or bearing instead of a pointed detent that can make the loud snappy clicks. It's not the type of turret that you try to adjust three tenths and it jumps a full MIL.

The Razor LHT definitely has a different feel on the turrets. I don't know if I would say they aren't positive though. It seems like there is a wider valley between clicks and they used some sort of rounded point or bearing instead of a pointed detent that can make the loud snappy clicks. It's not the type of turret that you try to adjust three tenths and it jumps a full MIL.
They are precise without being very tactile, firm, or audible which makes them not very positive at least in my opinion. If you don't have the zero stop installed there is also no form of rotation indicator so if you are really dialing and don't remember exactly where you were, you can run into problems (ask me how I know lol). Don't get me wrong, they are good scopes, but I would willingly take a couple more oz for better feeling turrets and illumination system.

I already have an LHT 4.5-22. I'm still on the fence whether I like it or not.
As another poster mentioned the turrets are just meh and I don't care for the push button illumination.

I would be willing to sacrifice 2-3 oz to go to the NX8 2.5-20 or the MK5 3.6-18.

I really like the Zeiss V4 Conquest line I am not sure they meet your requirements but they are worth a look. They are also light for their features.

Last edited:
I already have an LHT 4.5-22. I'm still on the fence whether I like it or not.
As another poster mentioned the turrets are just meh and I don't care for the push button illumination.

I would be willing to sacrifice 2-3 oz to go to the NX8 2.5-20 or the MK5 3.6-18.
Gotcha. I'll be curious to see how the LHT is viewed after another year or so after it's beat up a little bit.

As for me, I think I would go MK5 when stepping up a couple oz's. But I haven't spent enough time behind both to say anything bad about either.

Recent Posts