1st Custom long range rifle - 6.5 SAUM

That is a great looking rifle. Nothing better than the excitement the whole build proves can bring.
Especially since you can't get instant gratification when doing a custom. Makes it that much better when you get it. I just use that time to save money for the next one.
That's one of the best color schemes I've seen on a rifle
I could not agree more.. I loved the wait.. the anticipation. It all is so excited. It makes the delivery of the rifle that much sweeter. I could certainly go buy a rifle off of GAP's website, but enjoy building my own much better. And thanks for the compliments on the color scheme. I took my time picking it out... It is just a cool looking rifle.. and it should shoot as good as it looks.

Have a good one. Victoria

Be cool comparing loads. And after building custom rifles for 30 yrs this is my first custom hunting rifle I built for me that wasn't a 257wby on a remington 700 action. Now that I'm retired and old at 53 I figured it was time to build one for me. Yours is way cooler than mine.
Shep

Be cool comparing loads. And after building custom rifles for 30 yrs this is my first custom hunting rifle I built for me that wasn't a 257wby on a remington 700 action. Now that I'm retired and old at 53 I figured it was time to build one for me. Yours is way cooler than mine.
Shep
What brass are yo using? I went with the ADG. I have H1000 powder and 142gr Accubond LR. I hope these bullets fly well, becuase they are what I want to shoot. I have take a bunch of white tail, a few pronghorn, and a couple elk with Accubonds and I really like them. I am am only a couple years behind you, less than 3 to go until retirement.

I have the adg brass also. I have a ton of sorted 147eldms around be cause I shoot them in compatition. But I'm thinking of switching to the 144 Berger hybrid. Hybrids seem to kill good. For elk I would use the 156 Berger. H1000 and retumbo. I'm just a whitetail junkie myself.
Shep

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.