Custom Long Range rifles

Buy your own components and take them to any competent gunsmith and you can have a custom rig that hammers for under 2500$ any day all day. No sense in paying for a package deal as seen on tv. Find a guy that can drill a straight hole and is not in a hurry to crank out as many rifles as possible and send him your parts.

It all relative to what you want to build. If you have a $2,500 pile of parts and send it to a smith that is nice enough to put it together for 1K you now have a $3,500 rifle:)

There are plenty of good smiths out there that put out quality rifles. Do a little research and pick one you are comfortable with. Not a bad idea to see their shop and equipment also it might also give you some insight.

Look at Len's from the forum. He does build some very nice rifle that shoot good. It is in the top heading of the long range rifles.

I build my own with parts when possible.

Good Luck

I look at some of these rifles and what the prices are and it blows me away. Call any good smith and have one built. Save your self a grand or more.

Stiller Predator $1000
Jewell trigger $200
Kreiger barrel $350
Mcmillan stock $600
Bottom metal and mag parts $175
Chamber barrel $200
Harrels brake installed $100
Bedding job $200

$2825 or less if you do you own skim bed. Or you can spend another grand or two and let some one else order the parts.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.