1 in 7.5 Twist 257 Weatherby

Keep us posted on your load development, powders, velocities, etc. My 10 twist has been calling out for a different barrel!

Yeah they have them but like everything the price is kind of high and shipping is definitely high.

A box of 100 totaled up to $75 after shipping.
Everything is getting high might be the new normal! Went to the local gun shop an .22 shells were $17 a box of 100 and h1000 was $38 a pound!

If people will get a year or 2 worth of components and not try to get 8-10 years worth ( panic buying) then prices would drop/adjust back down quicker. Right now the sky's the limit on prices as the vendors/retailers KNOW everything will get taken regardless of price.

At least that's my position and how I've approached it.

I am seeing .40 per round of 22 ammo. Ammo is generally get cheaper by the week. I hope people have wised up and not purchasing much ammo presently. It will force the suppliers to lower the prices. I have watch 5.56 ammo @ $2.00 per round last year about this time, and presently around $.67 per round. When it reaches about $0.35 per round it will be back in normal price ranges on a 1000 rounds. After the 1st of the year. I've seen primers from $1.00 down to $0,045 per primers. Sportsmen Wear House as they open their new stores up, seem to hold the prices at about fair market level. Steel here in Missoula MT the other week their prices was about $0.08 per primers. So they were high in my estimation. All and All supplies are showing up except Powder, and Primers. Bullets seem to be coming back. Midway I viewed this morning seem to have a fair amount of bullets in hand.

my reamer ..257 weatherby 131 ACE 26" bartlein 3307 fps retumbo 5 es ridiculous accuracy in nosler brass runs very easy at this speed could get more!

have another one now in the works that is a 26" HCA carbon 7.5 twist same reamer.... see how the actual available 135 berger does!!! and send some 100 gr NOS down range for fun.
should do the trick
20211024_153850.jpg
20211024_153836.jpg

Last edited:
Talk to the guys at blackjack. They ran several factory loads through an 7tw or 7.5 tw 25-06. Don't believe they had bullet blow ups. I would think that 115gr Berger would hold together. I have a 28" benchmark carbon 7.75 tw on order for the 257 blackbird, which is essentially a beltless 257 wby.
I just ordered a .257 proof research carbon 24" 7.5 my intent is to chamber it to a Weatherby just wondering how your blackjack turned out? thanks

Anyone else test the heavier 128 grain or higher weight bullets out of a 257 Weatherby Mag. I am still waiting on my custom build also with a 1-7.25 twist. Got both 128 grain hammers and 133 grain Berger Elite hunters. Just hard to find any hard info on 257 Weatherby Mag loads. I got a couple loads from Berger but that's about it.
how did your build go I am putting a Weatherby on a chassis 24" carbon 7.5 still appears to be little data but bullets in the 130 plus weight are out there I am tired of coyotes setting on their butts watching me at 700 yards. thanks for any input

I just ordered a .257 proof research carbon 24" 7.5 my intent is to chamber it to a Weatherby just wondering how your blackjack turned out? thanks
Blackjack bullets are impossible to get right now.

Berger has release 2 bullets though that should work, and Hammer released a 125gr that will work in a 1:7.5 barrel.

I am working on loads for my 1:7 twist 257 weatherby now. I have 128gr hammer that will shoot under 1/2". I need more time with the Bergers.

Berger has release 2 bullets though that should work, and Hammer released a 125gr that will work in a 1:7.5 barrel.

I am working on loads for my 1:7 twist 257 weatherby now. I have 128gr hammer that will shoot under 1/2". I need more time with the Bergers.
IIRC, BJ filed bankcrupcy.

I too have 1:7" twist. I have BJ 131s and Berger 133s/135s, but jumped into 145 BHs instead.

I am working on loads for my 1:7 twist 257 weatherby now. I have 128gr hammer that will shoot under 1/2". I need more time with the Berger

i just ordered proof research 24" carbon barrel with 7.5 twist my plan is to use my action off a 300 ultra mag that just sets in my safe and a Magpul Pro chassis that was just given to me. I have a trigger tech in route also. if possible, would really appreciate your input especially with load data, reamer info ect. anything you learned along the way. thanks