zeiss or nightforce??? help!

soundwaves

I am planning on buying a nightforce nxs8 32 56 or a nightforce nsx 12 42 56 would these be too much power for targets out betweet 200-700 meters, should i go with the zeiss 6 24 56 instead?

witch one of the 3 scopes would you buy if you was getting them for yourself?

McKinneyMike

I am planning on buying a nightforce nxs8 32 56 or a nightforce nsx 12 42 56 would these be too much power for targets out betweet 200-700 meters, should i go with the zeiss 6 24 56 instead?

witch one of the 3 scopes would you buy if you was getting them for yourself?

I would worry about the extra power too. 22X is a great deal and mirage is a big issue at long distances. Have you looked at Vortex Razor 5x20 scope? Japanese glass, zero reset, 35mm tubes, wonderful reticle choices, etc. It is $2K, but wow it sure looks like a NF all grown up to me :) Best of luck with your decision!

Last edited:

MontanaRifleman

For 200-700m hunting I wouldn't get anything more than a 5.5-22. I have one and it is more than enough for well past 1000 yds. On 5.5x setting I can easily scope soccer ball size rocks at well past 1000 yds. Here's a good view of one from Topshot's thread shooting a 2285 yd target, scope on 5.5x.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f17/need-help-2285-yard-shot-51859/index6.html

You might even consider a 3.5-15. It would be more than enough for hunting.

If you're going to shoot BR competiton, then get the 12-42.

Mark

LewisH

Are you talkin' about the Zeiss Diavari model? If you're considering that quality of glass you should also look at the S&Bs, Hensoldts and Premier Heritage :)

Last edited:

Chas1

12-42 but, then again I shoot alot of paper and my eyes aren't what they used to be. For hunting I'd agree with others 5.5-22.

Last edited:

soundwaves

thanks for the answers guys all of you went with the nightforce 5.5*22 but l think lm going to go with the zeiss victory davari 6*24-56 or shimdit bender 5*25-56. but l think the quality of the zeiss is much beter isnt it? and it shure has anough moa for 1000 meters shooting.

LewisH

Now you're talkin'! Now we can have a discussion about top-o-the-line glass. :)

There are many shooters here (and on Sniper's Hide) who have had enough experience with these best-of-the-best scopes to render valid comparisons. Unfortunately, I'm not one of them.

Hoprfully they will chime in. I became interested in long range shooting after I'd retired...too late in the game to afford the best scopes, but I still like to read about them (and examine them at the 2006 Shot Show)...maybe in my next life.:D

djtjr

IMHO the zeiss and NF have similar optics both are great, but the nightforce is far superior from a mechanical perspective.
my $.02
don

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.

Recent Posts