Nightforce Help

17Fireball

I have decided to get my first good scope, a ATACR 5-25x56mm .

It will be mounted to a Savage Model 12 Target Long Range Precision. Caliber is a .260 Rem.

I will use it for fun shooting long distance and some hunting...mostly summer groundhogs and maybe the occasional deer.

What reticule do you recommend? Do I have a choice between mill dots or MOA? If so, which do you recommend? I am a newbie with mill dots but have the time and interest to learn if that is the better option.

Your input is welcome and appreciated.

I have a 5.5-22x56 NXS with the MOAR reticle. I have found it to be a very intuitive and user-friendly set-up, especially with MOA turrets.

My mind thinks in MOA, so for me there is no obvious benefit in going to mils when the MOAR does all I need it to do. If I was predisposed to mils, I would probably do the opposite.

What are everyone's thoughts on the MOAR verses the Velocity 1000 recticles. Plus and minus of these two compared to each other?gun)

I direct dial everything but the smallest changes in wind, so i have no use for all the holdover points of the vel 1000. Id rather have the clear space for spotting. Im also a big fan of the moar's floating cross hair.

While I like my ATACR I really dislike the MOAR reticle its a little to thick for me.NP-R1 would be perfect,or np2dd.

I have a Sako TRG 300 win mag with a 5.5-22X56 MOAR reticle and shoot 500-600 yrds. The MOAR is easy to get on target but I can't compare it to the others. I do think that the Zero Stop feature is a must.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.