Your SHTF mandatory gun list.

Where I have been, USA is the best place in the world to live. I've been about half way around in either direction. Believe me, I have seen some very poor places, I wouldn't trade the USA for anything. We have the big "D" don't know good from bad.
We are at fault for allowing it to get this way. I though that Obama, Carter was bad, but Dumb Bas*ard is the worst. (aka Biden). Thank God and the men that set up the constitution, but present leadership is trying to bust it. That way we can all have Russia, or China as our leaders.
Bottom line you have to work and be smart about it to get ahead. It can be done, but you have to have the drive to do it. And a little luck too. You don't have to have a PHD or even a college education to make it.
I do have 3 college degrees. But you dont have to be educated much to see whats going on all around us both at home and abroad. I have been to around 112 countries at last count. Some very nice and a lot with conditions that would make the strongest of us puke. My past life as being career military prohibits me from party affiliation. Because of this, I have the luxury of looking my enemy in the eye and knowing exactly who they are. I would not like to mention politicians by name. IMHO, they ALL are at fault (no matter their party affiliation) for being part of the problems AND are pushing back against solutions to save their own butts. Name one that hasn't. I know very well the difference between when it is raining and someone is ****ing on my boots! If you want change, vote in (or out) the politicians that you feel warrent it. That's the way we do it in this country.

Enough of this. I've gotten WAY off topic. I get a little passionate when I speak about the USA. Apologies to the members. Moving on.....

Last edited:
Just curious when we stop helping each other and start shooting. This is not the America I, my father, grandfather, and ancestors going back to the 1600s worked for and believed in. Just need one bullet so I can check out; caliber not important. Y'all have fun.
When there's no more food in the stores and the kids are starving. That's when it starts to really get ugly. The ones who didn't prepare will get desperate very quickly.

For me I think this covers
Rem 597 22 lr
Rem 870 12 gauge with 18" barrel
A S&W M&P 9. Full size
270 win 1-8 twist 26"
A couple of AR 15's 16" to 20" 5.56
An AR 15 6.5 Grendel
A couple of LR308's 308 win
A couple of LR308's 260 rem
A long range precision Short action rig with interchangeable barrels 308 win / 260 Rem
Just for fun Rem700 338 win mag.

not to be cliche, but it's gotta be the AR, right? That would be my go to SHTF set up. Although I've been thinking more about kit than about guns and ammo lately. After all you're going to need equipment to carry all that ammo and you'll need more than just guns and ammo to survive. Like sleep systems, food, something to cook the food in, something to start fires and something to keep warm and dry etc. Military surplus is awesome for that, plus it's just plain cool in my opinion.

Democratic lawmakers are seeking further restrictions on ammunition sales after submitting the "Stop Online Ammunition Sales Act of 2023" in late January, which would block online sales of ammunition and issue new guidance for brick-and-mortar stores.

The bill, H.R. 584, would require ammunition dealers to receive updated licenses and confirm the identity of any customer who attempts to purchase ammunition, further saying that online sales will be blocked and bulk purchases must be reported. Democratic New Jersey Rep. Bonnie Watson Coleman, a lawmaker backed by Michael Bloomberg's anti-gun group Everytown for Gun Safety, introduced the bill alongside 23 House Democrats who co-signed the legislation. Just thought you should know but what do i know im saposed to be paranoid right C 130 DUDE,

Historically that has not been a great plan for a lot of folks.
With that premise, I would pose this question:

Matthew 16:26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Or maybe more aptly:

Matthew 6:25
¶ Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
28 ¶ And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
31 ¶ Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Last edited: