Your SHTF mandatory gun list.

If things ever got to the point where your on your own and defending yourself I would break my selection into two categories. In or on a vehicle and on foot/bicycle.

In or on a Vehicle:
Compound Bow for stealth
300WM for long engagements
.22 rifle for small game
9mm handgun
5.56 AR for versatility

On Foot or Bicycle:
Compound Bow for stealth
5.56 AR for versatility
9mm handgun

Interesting thread and so many things to consider about weapon choices. Maybe consideration for night vision, or or repurpose them from a successful engagement...Hmmmm

If (when) it gets to this point, I'm semi-prepared materially speaking - but more importantly I'm fully prepared spiritually. To know Jesus as Savior and trusting Him to handle what comes our way is IMHO - the best strategy of all.
Brother I concur we must be prepared for when we leave here. Our bodys are only temporary shelter.
But if my math is correct Almighty God had 600K plus males train and prepare for battle. I do not fear because I Know Almighty Holy Living God. Even the disciples were told to take a sword.

I guess i would revert back to my kid days, living on a farm. Would varmint hunt all night and carried a 10-22 rifle and a Rem 788 in 243win. Had a peanut patch to protect and sold furs to make a little money to buy ammo and reloading supplies. There wasn't anything i couldn't kill with those two rifle. Joined the Army after high school and i was in hog heavy with all the free ammo i got to shoot. Retired in 2012. 26 years on active duty. Time has flown by....and now i am back on the farm shooting everyday.....life is good.
Thank you for your service….

not to be cliche, but it's gotta be the AR, right? That would be my go to SHTF set up. Although I've been thinking more about kit than about guns and ammo lately. After all you're going to need equipment to carry all that ammo and you'll need more than just guns and ammo to survive. Like sleep systems, food, something to cook the food in, something to start fires and something to keep warm and dry etc. Military surplus is awesome for that, plus it's just plain cool in my opinion.
Just talking about ammo and components.

Democratic lawmakers are seeking further restrictions on ammunition sales after submitting the "Stop Online Ammunition Sales Act of 2023" in late January, which would block online sales of ammunition and issue new guidance for brick-and-mortar stores.

The bill, H.R. 584, would require ammunition dealers to receive updated licenses and confirm the identity of any customer who attempts to purchase ammunition, further saying that online sales will be blocked and bulk purchases must be reported. Democratic New Jersey Rep. Bonnie Watson Coleman, a lawmaker backed by Michael Bloomberg's anti-gun group Everytown for Gun Safety, introduced the bill alongside 23 House Democrats who co-signed the legislation. Just thought you should know but what do i know im saposed to be paranoid right C 130 DUDE,
You are. If you don't like what politicians do, get them voted out! By the way, do you really think that any of these bills stand a snowballs chance of being put in law? Not with a republican senate. And not with the voting public. Besides, the blues bring these up every year hoping one of them would get passed by sliding them through. Sometimes attached to a different piece of legislation. If people were very careful (some are), these will get ferrited out.
Moving on...

Last edited: