Favorite Reticle for your long range gun?

Classic, old, standard mil-dot with 4, .2 mil dots, 1 mil between dot centers, 5 mils from reticle center to wide end. All this in a fixed power 16X50 scope with mil adjustments, no shrinking/expanding reticle features or variable image/reticle size.

OK, for sake of simply discussion, lets focus on quick follow up shots when hunting at longer distances.
And of coarse type of conditions will also play a large roll, as in shooting into say dry leaves or 6" of snow on the ground as opposed to dry dirt.
How many people shooting from a bipod while laying on the ground and shooting say a 300 Win Mag will be seeing their own hits every time?
The bullet will be there before most shooters can recover from the recoil, especially at the closer distances.
If you cant see the hit, what difference does the reticle make?
And if thats the case, then what good is the Christmas tree reticle, or any other for that matter?
Of coarse another person acting as a spotter can help by pointing out where the bullet actually hit.
But how many here can raise their hand as to always using a spotter?
I can add this as well, 50 years ago fewer long range hunters were killing far more bucks than are being killed today in NC PA.
And about 90 percent of them were using the same scope, a Unertle with a cross hair reticle.
And the other 10 percent were using a similar scope of a different brand.
The old cliche about fishing lures being designed to catch fishermen, has been greatly expanded upon to include hunters, especially long range hunters.

OK, for sake of simply discussion, lets focus on quick follow up shots when hunting at longer distances.
And of coarse type of conditions will also play a large roll, as in shooting into say dry leaves or 6" of snow on the ground as opposed to dry dirt.
How many people shooting from a bipod while laying on the ground and shooting say a 300 Win Mag will be seeing their own hits every time?
The bullet will be there before most shooters can recover from the recoil, especially at the closer distances.
If you cant see the hit, what difference does the reticle make?
And if thats the case, then what good is the Christmas tree reticle, or any other for that matter?
Of coarse another person acting as a spotter can help by pointing out where the bullet actually hit.
But how many here can raise their hand as to always using a spotter?
I can add this as well, 50 years ago fewer long range hunters were killing far more bucks than are being killed today in NC PA.
And about 90 percent of them were using the same scope, a Unertle with a cross hair reticle.
And the other 10 percent were using a similar scope of a different brand.
The old cliche about fishing lures being designed to catch fishermen, has been greatly expanded upon to include hunters, especially long range hunters.
Don't see an advantage then don't use them. I have used both and know what works best for me. Not going to try and change you from your 50 year old duplex. Lol