Your going your hunt of a lifetome what are you hunting and what rifle are you using ? Mine is easy

At 79, my dream hunt is another 8-point, or bigger, buck at a TN wildlife Management Area on public land. My buddy and I hunt hard in November. My favorite hunting rifle is a self-bedded and self-Cerakoted 308 Remington with a Brownells 20-inch barrel installed by a gunsmith. The deer was taken with my shoot-my-eye-out 7mm Remington Magnum bought on impulse on a 24-December from Walmart in a plastic stock to subsequently be self-bedded in an old Remington Bell & Carlson stock. That 7mm rifle was used because the 308 fell out of the car the previous week and I did not have the time to check zero.

At 80, I am scheduled for a bison hunt in Nebraska with my CZ 375 H&H or a yet-to-be-made 300WM as the place insists on the behind-the ear shot. I have the carbon fiber tripod already! My wife is going, too which makes it great.
I have a CZ in 375 hh that has been Alaskanized...The whole thing has been cerakoted, and a Bell and Carlson stock to match the cerakoting. Its accurate and has accounted for 1 brownie, 1 buff, 2 prairie dogs(just to say i did it), 1 whitetail and 1 cottontail...Love that gun...

I have a CZ in 375 hh that has been Alaskanized...The whole thing has been cerakoted, and a Bell and Carlson stock to match the cerakoting. Its accurate and has accounted for 1 brownie, 1 buff, 2 prairie dogs(just to say i did it), 1 whitetail and 1 cottontail...Love that gun...
Too bad that they are no longer made. Smooth action; mine still has the original stock and I solved the problem of interfering iron sights and sunshade. I shot my first bison with it.

Attachments

• IMG_3540.jpeg
    IMG_3540.jpeg
    150.5 KB · Views: 27
Very large Kodiak Bear REM 700 338 Rum.
I have the rifles, 2 Model 70 CRF, one New Haven, one S. Carolina, both stainless, the first polymer stock, the second laminated Alaskan model. Got them for me and my son, both 375H&H, both with iron sights and 1.5-5 leupolds. Have loads in with 300 grain AB and Partition. Just need a place to use them

I have the rifles, 2 Model 70 CRF, one New Haven, one S. Carolina, both stainless, the first polymer stock, the second laminated Alaskan model. Got them for me and my son, both 375H&H, both with iron sights and 1.5-5 leupolds. Have loads in with 300 grain AB and Partition. Just need a place to use them

Anywhere (where legal) in North America would be a good place to start using them! I'm assuming that somewhere near you are some Texas Whitetails in timber/brush! 😉 memtb

Anywhere (where legal) in North America would be a good place to start using them! I'm assuming that somewhere near you are some Texas Whitetails in timber/brush! 😉 memtb
Texas, pretty much anything worth hunting is private and posted. I will start entering the Parks and Wildlife Service drawings to see if I get some special places

I sure didn't expect all the reactions to my original post about my dream hunt is with my kids. I wish I would have expanded on it a little more. A hunt I can afford to take 3 of us on without spending half my retirement. I don't have time to scout public land and obviously would like to be successful, it's not easy! Especially trying to manage 3 schedules and getting tags. That's my dream. Someday 🤞

Yep....a coues deer....I've taken a rocky and roosevelt bull....plenty of blacktail...several muleys....a few decent idaho whitetail bucks.....
The bucket list for me ends with an Arizona coues buck.....
Probably my 65284....or my other 65284.....ha
I missed my chance a few years back. I hit a big one with my bow but didn't bring it down. Days later we saw it again doing just fine.

Good Luck! I know that hunting is tough in Texas…..somehow I figured that you were part of a lease/club! memtb
Had my own lease for years, hunted on King Ranch a few times, I have my own little place where I can harvest one or two deer a year. One doe one buck. I am the only one eating venison now, so I usually get a doe. But is not a hunt, its a harvest, shots 90 yards or less, I take my 243 or my 270. Nothing more