You gotta trust the pilot!!!!

royinidaho

Outstanding job by a great young pilot from Pennsylvania! Can't add anything else to this... the next picture is worth 10,000 words!
If you don't think military pilots earn their pay, you need to take a look at this picture.

This photo was taken by a soldier in Afghanistan of a helicopter rescue mission.

The pilot is a PA National Guard guy who flies EMS choppers in civilian life.
Now how many people on the planet you reckon could set the *** end of a
chopper down on the roof top of a shack, on a steep mountain cliff, and hold
it there while soldiers load wounded men in the rear. If this does not impress
you... nothing ever will.

Attachments

• ATT000286.jpg
    ATT000286.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 5
I'm copying this amazing fotos and emailing it to my son. He's a Blackhawk mechanic in Central America(somewhere) and I know he will appreciate it. He served six yrs with 101st Airborne in Korea, Iraq, Afghanistan. Go Army

( You can also see why the military is going to 300 Win Mag and dumping the .223 pea shooter and .308 sniper rifles. Mtn to mtn is a long way )

Last edited:
Oh I remember that pic when it was on the front pag of the AKO website I think its from 2003 near Tora Bora or Gardez. If you real want to see a cool one look for the pics of the DELTA guys straping them selves to the skids on the COBRA to get up the mountain at Tora Bora to get in the fight.

Thanks Roy

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.