Who do you trust with shipping these days?

They are all the same. The most important part is the person doing the packing job.

I get annoyed with people who think they're saving money on shipping weight by only tossing in a couple of air pillows or a single sheet of paper or bubble wrap.

Make sure that nothing is moving in the box. Make sure to fill up the empty space in the box. Do both of those and you'll most likely end up with a successful shipment

Me? If valuable, I will add in an Apple Air Tag, minimal cost to track it every inch of the way. Ask receiver to send back the tag and bet no issue since they are getting "insurance" through instant tracking. If I were to buy? I would send the tag to the seller. These days, the theft is everywhere.

Me? If valuable, I will add in an Apple Air Tag, minimal cost to track it every inch of the way. Ask receiver to send back the tag and bet no issue since they are getting "insurance" through instant tracking. If I were to buy? I would send the tag to the seller. These days, the theft is everywhere.
Haven't thought of that, not a bad idea.

I won't do FedEx anymore. The last 20+ packages I have shipped or received have been WAY late arriving. Even when I pay for 2 or 3 day shipping, it takes 7-15 days to arrive.
UPS is always on time.
Negative on the UPS. have had three packages this week and last not ever make it to Idaho on the day they said.. have a two day package going on a week and still no delivery date .. I have shipped almost everything through fedex and its been pretty **** good

Ups just gave me issue shipped barrel never got scanned until finally out for delivery. For 4 days ups was worthless to help me. The main ups said tall to store you shipped store said call 1-800 number. Luckily it arrived. I shipped a scope year or so ago. They scratched it packing it up. I make any of them pack it if it's exspensive and insured. Thats where theyll get you (improper packing. Anyway my saving grace was i took pictures of the scope at the ups store with receipt. Then they took it and packed it as i left. That being said i had proof of no damage at the store. Receipt ups packages it. And took almost 4 months of arguing with them too get my money.

Ups just gave me issue shipped barrel never got scanned until finally out for delivery. For 4 days ups was worthless to help me. The main ups said tall to store you shipped store said call 1-800 number. Luckily it arrived. I shipped a scope year or so ago. They scratched it packing it up. I make any of them pack it if it's exspensive and insured. Thats where theyll get you (improper packing. Anyway my saving grace was i took pictures of the scope at the ups store with receipt. Then they took it and packed it as i left. That being said i had proof of no damage at the store. Receipt ups packages it. And took almost 4 months of arguing with them too get my money.
Crap shoot whoever you use. just make sure you do a stellar job with packing and keep your receipt.

And USPS Insurance is a joke. They deny claims even after you provide copies of purchase order and selling invoice. Some have said that if you go to thePost Master General you might get satisfaction. I gave up before that point. I don't bother using their insurance.
I sold a BR 2500 rangefinder and insured it for the selling price which was $750, when it arrived at the buyer it did not work my guess due to rough handling. so I filed a claim I'm not going to go into the details of my four month brain hemorrhaging runaround but after working with my postmaster at my local post office having her help I got a settlement check for $191 (depreciation, they said )of course I was very upset continued with so many correspondence mailing pictures this that the other with the help of my local postmaster and four months of mind-boggling aggravation I finally received my payment for $750 from the insurance. Do not use USPS!