XBolt mounts

Here's my hclr with the medium Talley rings and Zeiss 4-16x44 v4. Just slightly less than .25" above the barrel.
8CCED18F-3CA4-4B9C-ACB7-F767477EDB0C.jpeg

Not really. I get a perfect cheek weld with just the maybe .25" thick butt stock pack I have on it. I really just put that on for the suede leather on top of the comb and the elastic bands for a few extra shells.
image.jpg

Nothing added on my cheek area and I get nice clear sight lines

I looked at those talleys and liked them, But as I'm a fan of the Burris signature series rings I made a base to work with them...

After some barrel break in, this Xbolt tightened up and I had some great groups! 2 different loads with 10 shot groups under an inch. Only thing I wish I did differently was waited another year and got it in the recently released 6.5PRC...
5E43DD46-E747-40CA-8D46-A858D727D773.png

Wanted to jump in on this for my own. I have a Hells Canyon in 300wm. It has Warne bases and I just bought a Sightron STac with a 50mm objective. I need to buy all new bases and rings or find something that works with the Warne.

I naturally like my scope high as I tend to cheek a little higher.

Wanted to jump in on this for my own. I have a Hells Canyon in 300wm. It has Warne bases and I just bought a Sightron STac with a 50mm objective. I need to buy all new bases and rings or find something that works with the Warne.

I naturally like my scope high as I tend to cheek a little higher.

Not sure what you are asking.

For me I usually sketch out the scope dimensions using the manufacturer specs for tube and length and diameters, then measure the base and prospective rings. By sketching it all out you can determine if it will fit or not before you start trying to assemble it.

Without knowing what you want and the details of what you already have we can't steer you in a helpful manner.

I guess I get that method from the engineering side of my brain. (Not an engineer by training, but I sure engineer and build a lot of things)

I hope that makes sense and helps.

Not sure what you are asking.

For me I usually sketch out the scope dimensions using the manufacturer specs for tube and length and diameters, then measure the base and prospective rings. By sketching it all out you can determine if it will fit or not before you start trying to assemble it.

Without knowing what you want and the details of what you already have we can't steer you in a helpful manner.

I guess I get that method from the engineering side of my brain. (Not an engineer by training, but I sure engineer and build a lot of things)

I hope that makes sense and helps.

I completely get that, I'm in commercial construction and sketch out designs all the time. I dont have experience doing that with a scope, but I have to start somewhere.

Gotta be patient with your measuring or the trial and error method. Don't settle for close if you suspect there's a better option. Consider money spent returning parts that don't work well spent. I've compromised before and regretted it.

Just mounted a Zeiss v4 4-16-50 in tally lows tonight. Perfect fit on stainless stalker short action

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.