Browning xbolt mounts? Which are best

devon

Hi All,
I have noticed that the warne mounts fitted to my rifle don't seem to be doing the job they are supposed to.
I have had problems zeroing my 30-06 fitted with a S&B 8x56 30mm.
First batch of ammo was a disaster, so back to the shop, they checked everything and i bought some Federal ammo, good news all worked great.
Used the federal and reloaded my own, all worked great, they i injured a deer i knew i was on, re-checked zero, same problem, bullets all over the place.
Then i noticed very fine scratches on the scope, it appears that it is shifting in the mounts, i have just done the screws up as tight as they will go but i have lost confidence in them.
So any suggestions for some mounts please?
Cheers
Richard

I have Leupold bases and rings on my X Bolt and haven't had a problem yet. I should also note that before I knew better I used to use my scope as a carrying handle on my light Browning rifles at certain times during hunting season and my Leupold rings never had a shift in POI.

have a deadnutz mount on my x-bolt. Seems to be made like a rock and have no problems with it whats so ever. Just another quality option as well as the leopolds. Good shooting

Re: Browning xbolt mounts? Which are best (BURRIS)

Burris offers 30 mm rings which I have on my Burris Black Diamond scope. Their rings have plastic inserts that come in various thicknesses beyond the uniform thickness that come with the rings. Each ring has a top and bottom plastic insert and MUST be used with then inserts.

On my scope I have use Burris' thickest/thinnest inserts on the bottom and top respectively in my rear rings and the reverse on my front rings. This gives me about a 15 MOA slope for long distance shooting.

Plus these inserts grip the scope very sell without doing any damage to the finish.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.