BEST SCOPE & MOUNTS FOR LRH ?

drpbroun5

I've done a search and have not found a discussion about scope mounts. I'm having a 280 Ackley on a Ultra Light action made for sheep hunting. I'm looking for the best and lightest scope and mounts to use. I'm considering getting the Leupold Custom Shop to making a bullet drop reticle for my rifle's ballistics. I want this to be a very light weight long range mountain rifle. Please give me any recommendatios you may have for a scope as well as mounts. I'm also going to replace the optics on a 7 STW and a 264 Win Mag that are made on 700 actions. These will be my leap into long range hunting. I'm a new guy. I will look to these rifles to be 800 to 1000 yard rigs for elk and deer. I have seen the discussions on this forum about dialing in the drop vs. drop comp reticles. I think I am leaning toward the BDC reticle for the simplicity. I will appreciate any input that y'all can give for scopes, reticles, and mounts on these rifles also. Thanks.
Paul

For sheer weight savings the Tally one piece ring base combo is hard to beat and they are pretty darn strait to.
Darrel Holland also makes a one piece unit thats supposed to be pretty nice.
Unless your looking for a Big tactical style then the Badger alloy rings and bases and the rings and bases from Glen Seekins would be the way to go , they'll be a good bit heavier than the Talley setup but they offer the robust military style

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.