XBolt mounts

gpo1956

For you guys with XBolts, what mounts/rings/bases are you using? I've got a Long Range Stalker with a Bushnell LRTS in Seekins low mounts on a Warne mount and I have to really build up the comb to get a good picture. Anyone know of a lower setup that would work?

I use Talleys on one, and a 20 MOA rail with Burris XTR rings on the other. The Talleys sit lower, but it really depends on the scope if they will work well or not. The one with the 20 MOA rail I added an adjustable kydex cheek piece to.

Mine was bore sighted in just a few minutes. The gunsmith had no problems with mine. Mine was a 2nd gen X-Bolt.

My father bought one of the first years X-Bolts and had his bore sighted as well. No issues there, which is why I had mine bore sighted.

Seeing as your gun shot fine before, either your scope still has a problem, or the bore sighter has a problem. My money would be on the scope being the problem seeing as the gun is proven to shoot true, and I'm betting the gunsmith is using a tool that has not had problems in the past.

Still, tools wear down and fail as well. I know that from personal experience.

Take your gun out with the scope on it and shoot it. If the scope is the problem, then it will be evident in no time.

I don't have a problem with elevation. I just would like to get the scope height down closer to center of bore so I don't have to raise the comb so high.

I don't have a problem with elevation. I just would like to get the scope height down closer to center of bore so I don't have to raise the comb so high.
How much clearance do you have between the objective and the barrel?

I'd go to the Talley FAQ page or call them directly, unless you have another mounting system in mind.

How much clearance between objective and a barrel. I've got the LRTS and wondering if the Talley lows would work.

I'm not sure I'd have to measure but it's plenty for any 44mm objective scope I know of.

AB3ED10C-95C1-4BB6-BE00-966928AE68DB.jpeg
6E73BAE2-3741-4196-AF8A-4B840C7A04EE.jpeg
OP - I had the same concerns with my Xbolt HCLR and available bases and rings. after reviewing and researching this quite extensively, couldn't find the combination I wanted so I ended up doing some custom work on some Warne Maxima M927/929 bases. I wanted to use Burris XTR signature rings 30mm for my 4-16x42 Nikon scope. I didn't want a full picatinny rail as they all seemed to add height to the setup. And all the rails that I could see decreased access to the chamber.

I ended up using the Warne after I determined I could widen the slots to let the xtr rings sit on the maxima. It took some steady hand work with my dremel tool. (If I had a mill available I'd have used a mill) Then I recoated the rings with some burnt bronze paint and assembled with the 20moa signature inserts. Turned out great, is solid and sits low just like I wanted. The scope cover just clears with just less than 1/8" to spare.

I hope you can find the combination that works for what you want. 1/2" would be way to high for my taste...

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.