Which mounts and rail for savage 7wsm

So I'm new to long range shooting, and I am adding a very nice scope to my savage 7mm wsm long action, the Nightforce Benchrest 8-32x56x. My question is should I buy new rings and mounts for this (assuming so) and which would you all recommend?

I plan on shooting 1,000m (probably won't be able to shoot further where im from, though I want to be prepared). So what would you guys recommend I get to satisfy this?

I have did some research and looked into the Badger rings and mounts, a bit pricey but they seem to have serious reputation in the F-class behind them.

These are what I have come up with, let me know what you think.

(Rings)

badger ordnance picatinny style 30mm max-50 rings
1.125" - high
$179.99

(Rail)
badger ordnance 1 piece maximized picatinny style 20 moa elevated scope base remington 700 long action
$134.99

Also, I'm looking into what else I can do to squeeze more accuracy out of the gun. Currently I have self glass bed and floated the entire stock (Boy was that a project for someone who's never done it), but im still unsure on what else to prioritize after the scope is mounted

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts