Mounts for a Savage

chain

I finally picked out a scope to go on my Savage .300 win. It is the 4.5 X 14 X 44 Zeiss Conquest. Which mounts would be the best choice. Thanks

Warn also makes a 20 MOA rail. Might be cheaper than the Ferrels. A good set of rings for the money are the Leupold PRW rings. Plenty strong and much less money than the Ferrel or any other tactical style ring.

I was thinking of a Farrell rail. I was going to get a straight one rather than the 20 moa version. I understand that that will give me much more distance adjustment. Is 20 moa a good place to start? i don't think I will be shooting as far as some of you guys here shoot. I am not that skillful yet. Do you need special rings to go on a rail type base? Thanks

Anything of the cross slot design will work. I suppose you could even put plain ole' Weavers on it if you wanted, but I would get rings made of steel, not Al.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.