Wyoming results are in

Point system has alot to be desired.
I don,t think its fair....
Makes outfitters gods...
.Makes land owners wealthy.....
Makes the people who contribute millions...$$$
Every year to gamble at the mercy of the DNR...
who we all pay for...New 4x4s,nice L.L.Bean wool clothing....
In there eyes we are all not worthy to shoot any of their animals...

How many points did you have for a general tag? I have 3. Last year 3 points was almost a shoe in for the general area but I guess not in 2022.
What general area did you apply for ? One thing is good. You won't be spending $$$$.$$ on gas. If you don't mind , where do you live in Ca.? I still have family and friends there. Most in So Cal.

Makes outfitters gods...
Wy. F&G not DNR Lol !
I ended up moving here after hunting here 37 years in a row.
I know what you mean. What ticked me off was not letting non res. in wilderness. The state can keep you out of Federal lands ? Outfitter's have big pull here and for economy. Doesn't bother me now but it still isn't right.

I read on another forum it took 4 pts. for a general. Not sure as to the validity of the post though.
Last year I had 2 non resident buddies apply for Reg. F. one used his one point and put Reg. F first choice. He drew. Other buddy put a limited choice first and Reg. F second choice. He drew Reg. F. Earned another point. If I remember correctly he had 30% chance to draw as second choice. He gambled and won. It almost sounds like they already implemented the 10% non res cap.

Makes outfitters gods...

Do yourself a favor and don't hunt here if you don't like it. I'm sure Colorado or Montana will treat you far better…

What general area did you apply for ? One thing is good. You won't be spending $$$$.$$ on gas. If you don't mind , where do you live in Ca.? I still have family and friends there. Most in So Cal.
I'm in Northern CA ( Sacramento area). I have been applying as "general" for all 3 choices. If and when I get drawn I will be going with an outfitter and few that I have spoken to said they hunt in the general zones and wilderness areas. I think next year I am going to have the outfitter do my paperwork so I have a better chance of getting drawn with 4 points.

Wy. F&G not DNR Lol !
I ended up moving here after hunting here 37 years in a row.
I know what you mean. What ticked me off was not letting non res. in wilderness. The state can keep you out of Federal lands ? Outfitter's have big pull here and for economy. Doesn't bother me now but it still isn't right.
You are correct...

Last year I had 2 non resident buddies apply for Reg. F. one used his one point and put Reg. F first choice. He drew. Other buddy put a limited choice first and Reg. F second choice. He drew Reg. F. Earned another point. If I remember correctly he had 30% chance to draw as second choice. He gambled and won. It almost sounds like they already implemented the 10% non res cap.
Thats what i,m saying..

Outfitters don't have anything to do with whether you get drawn or not in Wyoming.
I thought I read that outfitters get 10-20% (or some number) of tags semi allocated to them in their area and get preferential treatment for their clients. Maybe I have the state mixed up or they were thinking about implementing something along those lines.