Wyoming Elk Draw Results

7mmpredator

For those of you waiting for results, they are available now at the WY G&F website. My wife says she hasn't seen my teeth this much all year! :D

I am very excited! My party of four all drew our tags. This is the second time I have drawn a tag in Wyoming, I think I know a little bit more about what to expect. I am getting my gun and ammo ready.

shortmag,

Congratulations, second tag in how many years? you go guided or unguided and how did you do? Juicy details!

This is the third time that I have applied and I have gotten two tags. MY first year to apply was 2006. I applied in 2007 and failed to draw. I did not try in 2008 because of many thing that were going on at the time. So you can see why I feel so excited about being able to get another tag.

We go unguided. We have a friend that lives in Buffalo and he has been a guide, so he has given us information and directions.

We did not get an elk in 2006 even though a member of our party shot and wounded a nice bull. We spent two days tracking the blood trail.

Last edited:
Maybe this season will be the charm for your party. Just be sure to practice plenty and not just from the bench so when opportunity knocks........bam! gun)

Freebore;Three preference point and still no draw! Legalized extortion worse than insurance companies.

what were your odds of drawing. the area i tried for last year had 1 in 78 chance for drawing. this year there weren't any tags given to non-residents in that area. it's rediculous to give them money every year and basically not have a chance of getting a tag.

Unfortunately sometimes we gotta make compromises in order to hunt and put some good memories behind us while we are still young. My favorite area is unit 9 in AZ. I drew an archery tag years ago, then after many more I drew a cow tag just to hunt in the unit. I picked up sheds that would make you weep openly! Talk about extortion, you have to have a non-refundable $140. hunting license just to put in to the draw! At 50 if I keep trying AZ I'll go broke and never hunt 9 with a rifle.

When I lived in AZ I used to hunt mulies in the Kaibab and think nothing of it. Now I live in NYC (I know, I know, don't say it!) and I'd give my right arm to go back but I don't have the patience (and years left) to collect the 15 points.

But in only my first try with 1 point and the special, I'll be hunting elk in western WY with Rob Wiley of Non-Typical Outfitters and I'm sure it will be lots of fun. I may not shoot a 400 class bull but at least I'll be in the game. And with 2 mulie points Rob and I will be chasing trophy mulies in 2010.

It's like with the chicks........I've never had a 10 but I've had five 2s!

Yep,.. I pulled a tag. :D

I'll be headed out from Michigan in the beginning of October and staying the month. I took the whole month off. My huntin' partner is a resident in Green River and we'll be headed out to the Piney area to hook up with 3-4 others.

I'm really lookin' forward to getting around the ol' fire ring with some good friends once again. Fillin' the tag will be the icing on the cake.

Dang,.. I can't wait!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.