Arizona Elk Hunt Draw Results?

Thank you. I'm hunting with Steve's man in 10. Heard a lot of good things about both of them!

Congratulations! Hoping and praying AZ gets spring rains and some summer moisture. Maybe there will be enough for decent antler growth.
Rumors are, weather predictions looking forward are wetter than normal monsoon seasons. I like unit 10 but it can be tough at times for elk and pronghorn. The Tin House at the end of Walaha rd is the best starting point and glass south and west of there in the juniper groves. I've seen a lot and I've seen zero depending on the year. If it's wet, it's snotty on the roads....be prepared.

Iam in Flagstaff, above average moisture for year to date, but ideal conditions would be to have a wet previous summer and fall, and this didn't happen

I have noticed over the last 20+ years elk antler growth to be more dependent on winter and spring moisture- not summer and fall.

Back in May, the National Weather Service in Flagstaff posted that the previous twelve months were the second driest on record.

I have a late 23 elk tag. A rancher told me if this summer is like last summer that they will be moving all cattle out.

I am going to bet a lot of Arizona elk tags get turned in this year because of the drought.
azwater.gov lists most of the state with D4 drought conditions (worst possible rating) going back to Feb.

I am going to bet a lot of Arizona elk tags get turned in this year because of the drought.
azwater.gov lists most of the state with D4 drought conditions (worst possible rating) going back to Feb.
I got lucky, we only got the bonus points!

Technically, you can only pass the tags down down to a grandkid or a vet under certain rules I believe. You're not getting a refund however.
If anyone needs to know, contact AZGFD.

I'm going up in August to scout for my Unit 10 Antelope Hunt. Never hunted there before but it's a huge unit for sure. Can't get on the BigBo until Aug1. We need rain bad but luckily the ranch has a huge network of well fed water sources. From what I've read and researched the piping network they've laid out on the ranch is very impressive to say the least.

My last pronghorn hunt there was about 5 years ago. Most of the animals started appearing in August. I believe, they were preparing for the rut then.
If you need any info, PM me.
This is also where an unscrupulous guide took a 90+ buck out of the valley by herding them. I have some info you need to know, which if it happens again, you'll know what to look for and report.

I'm going up in August to scout for my Unit 10 Antelope Hunt. Never hunted there before but it's a huge unit for sure. Can't get on the BigBo until Aug1. We need rain bad but luckily the ranch has a huge network of well fed water sources. From what I've read and researched the piping network they've laid out on the ranch is very impressive to say the least.
If I had your tag, the Boquillas is where I'd go. I've hunted there since 2002, very big antelope and plenty to choose from. We've seen them in many parts of the 1162 sq. mile ranch. The elk have been a no-show for the last 2-3 years, but seeing more mule deer and javalina. Good luck.