New Mexico Draw Results are in

Jpistolero02

This will be my first elk hunt and we got drawn for unit 45. Does anyone have any recent experience in this area? We will be going with Bull Valley Outfitters. I am super pumped. From what I can tell it’s not the most desired unit, but Wes thinks we will get on some bulls.

Salmonhead

Well, gonna buy a lottery ticket....drew 2nd choice MB Antelope unit 33...same place I hunt coyotes, so I know where the animals are, and it's 20 minutes from the house.....now, which caliber rifle ? 300 RUM, 7mag, 6.5x 284, 6.5 creed, 6 mm Dasher, or 243 LBC....???
Rum

Korhil78

Well, gonna buy a lottery ticket....drew 2nd choice MB Antelope unit 33...same place I hunt coyotes, so I know where the animals are, and it's 20 minutes from the house.....now, which caliber rifle ? 300 RUM, 7mag, 6.5x 284, 6.5 creed, 6 mm Dasher, or 243 LBC....???
6.5x284!

crazyhorse

I drew the same tag in Unit 36 year before last and killed a really nice bull (290"ish) on the first day! Consider yourself lucky, I've put in for 36 the last nine years straight and drawn once!

Its a beautiful unit with every type of terrain you can imagine ranging from sandy desert to high peaks. As I mentioned, I killed on the first day and he was the 5th bull I saw that morning. I decided since he was a nice bull and the next three days were forcasted to have 20-40mph winds to go ahead and seal the deal.

Have fun!

NM-LAnk

Congrats guys... didn’t get elk but I did get deer and f/im ibex. That will be fun... except for the cactus!

2b 3rd choice... wow that is lucky Backdirt Cowboy!!

rsbhunter

Congrats to all !!!! I've put in for Antelope for 23 years, and was drawn 3 times.....first time shot a REAL good goat, 2nd was in Jal N.M. , never saw one and now.....

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.