Wyatts CFE-9 Magazine Box install

Long Dog

Has anyone installed a Wyatt's CFE-9 Extended Magazine box? It states the receiver, bolt stop, and ejection port have to be altered. I am tracking the reciver and bolt stop mods; what are the ejection port modification requirements, I have not seen or read about this. I am building a 375 RUM and am trying to decide whether or not to do a center fed (CFE-9) or install a longer staggered fed box (MBE-3).

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I have used several of the cfe-9 boxes in Rem 700'sin 7stw,300rum, and 338 edge,but I altered them for staggered feed.The ejection port will work without alteration, but the orignal follower must be lengthened. I had some boxes made to similar dimensions at a local sheet metal shop. Call for further details. Gary Campbell 478-957-5213

I have one in my 338 Lapua because it was the only way we could get it to feed right from the magazine. the box on the Center feed is 4 inches long and the box on the stagger is like 3.8 so in some case for proper ejection it needs notched or beveled. but its not absolutely necessary

Thanks gents.
I think I am going to try the MBE-3. After doing some homework on custom loads for a 375 RUM, even with a VLD I should not have a round much longer than 3.800" so the MBE-3 box should work... If not, well, I will tear it down and install the CFE-9.
Merry Christmas!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.