install Wyatt box

harleybug

Does anyone have an idea of what it costs to install the Wyatt extend box. Also how there gun operated after. I'm looking to have one installed on my rem 700 and I'm curious to hear how well they work on other guns. I'm building a 7 set out of a 7 mag and I want to have the clearance for the vld bullets.

Does anyone have an idea of what it costs to install the Wyatt extend box. Also how there gun operated after. I'm looking to have one installed on my rem 700 and I'm curious to hear how well they work on other guns. I'm building a 7 set out of a 7 mag and I want to have the clearance for the vld bullets.

Look on Kevin Wyatt's web site. Wyattoutdoors
or read his book about magazines, "Smoking Mirrors".
Nat Lamneth

The price of the box and I think I paid $35 to have the back of the magazine well machined back but it might have been $50. It works fine now but it had an issue when I first installed it that the base would slip down and off the bolt as it closed. If I remember correctly the fix was to squeeze the box sides in a little and the bullets underneath stopped tipping down forward as the chambering round slid over. I did all the final fitting and gringing back of the bolt stop myself so I didn't pay for that. Well worth it imo.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.