Stiller tac 338 with wyatts CFE-9

backyardsniper

Can you use a wyatts CFE-9 with a stiller tac 338. I'm in the middle of starting a build and I have a stiller tac 338, a manners t5 elite and I'm wanting to run a bdl style hinged floor plate instead of a DBM. I was about to order the wyatts DBM because the seekins DBM seems to be unobtanium, when I saw that wyatts made this cfe-9 box. Can this be installed with a bdl style floor plate with the tac 338 action since it doesn't have any feed lips?

If the cfe 9 is the 3.990- 2 shot magazine then should work but action and stock usually need milled out.

It is the 3.990 but with it being a stiller 338 would it still need to be milled. I can see the stock needing it though. Thanks that was what I needed to know. My smith can handle the milling I just wanted to make sure it would feed from it

I am almost certain it will feed, you set the lips for the rounds. Pretty sure there will be milling involved.

The TAC 338 has the magazine box mortise milled out for a 378 Weatherby style mag box. I've put a CFE9 in a TAC338 before but you will need to re-machine the magazine mortise completely not just lengthen it. You will also need to modify the bolt stop so the bolt will cycle back far enough to pick up the next round. Shortening the bolt stop this much you'll have very little material left. It can be done but from experience I probably wouldn't recommend doing another and just stick with the 378 weatherby mag box, it has a internal length of 3.8"

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.