Wyatts Extended Box, CFE-9, and McMillan Stock - 338 Edge

martinakl

I'm about to drop my parts off at my smith to get my 338 Edge built on a Remington action I picked up from Pacific Tool and Gauge. It's an action that has been worked over by PTG (Blueprinted with the over-sized, PTG, bolt).

I just purchased a McMillan "Game Scout" stock from Red Hawk Rifles (arriving tomorrow). I was wondering if the stock would need modified to fit the Wyatts CFE-9 magazine? I'll dry fit everything once the stock is here but maybe there's more to it than it just fitting in the stock?

If the stock needs modified, I imagine it just being some material removed form the back of the magazine area? I'll have the gunsmith do all the needed work on the action/bolt stop. Maybe the stock is a DIY type of project?

Also, should I have the smith true and blueprint the action? PTG did it once but maybe it's best to have the smith building the rifle do it their way? Don't want to cheap out now. I also don't want to spend money needlessly.

If it was inlet for a standard length magazine, it will need some work to make that Wyatt magazine fit. The action will also need to be modified.

The stock wasn't custom ordered or anything. I'm sure it's standard sized. Anyone know if that's an easy DIY project? Block of wood and some sand paper to lengthen the back side of the magazine box area?

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.