Wtb ruger American 6mm Remington

ISO ruger American 6mm Remington
Think you will need to build one of those, likely using a standard action Ruger American as the 6mm rem likely would not work in the magazine for the 243 or 308 class ruger american rifles.

rebuilt ruger americans in 243 or 6mm creedmore work great. Build alot of these in my K-rifle platforms which are Ruger Americans that i fully blueprint, install true match grade barrel and quality stocks with proper bedding. Shoot extremely well!!

getting the 6 rem will likely be a custom option only and again, likely need to be on a long action and in that situation, i would lean toward a 6mm-06 if you load your own ammo for a big 6.

What Fifty said. 6mm REM is great, but only fits in short actions with light varmint bullets. I have very little experience with Ruger Americans, but I think feeding issues will be certainly a problem. I don't know what your goal is but the 6 Creedmoor is a very good choice. I have a 6 mm REM Ackley Improved but it is on a REM 700 long action

I've got a 6mm Rem in a Remington 700 short action.
If you want one in a Ruger, you'll have to build it, and I would use a long action. That would give the bullet plenty of room outside the case and work much better than a short action. I was amazed how far into the case I had to seat the bullets just to fit in the magazine when I started to load for it.

Or, get a 6 or 6.5 Creedmoor, possibly 243 Win.