Ruger American

I am posting in this old thread because I have a question unrelated to that of the OP, but relevant to the title.

I am building a .24 Nosler (imagine .224 Valkyrie with .378" base necked up to 6mm) on an American action. I am going to grab anything I can find with a .378" bolt face (.223, .204, .300 AAC, .350 Legend) and swap the AR-style magazine to that of a 6.5 Grendel (should work). I am just verifying the Grendel mag will fit in the well of any of these others. A Legend mag might work, but probably not as well and the Grendel. I was going to pick up a Ranch in .300 AAC and use that, but all I'm finding are .204s in the Predator model. Ok, I guess because my barrel will be much smaller than the predator, so I'll put everything in an Oryx Chassis and probably buy a Boyd's as well. Pac-Nor is doing the work (super great folks!) Making a 1:9 twist in lightweight sporter 22" with polygonal rifling. Just want a 2nd set of eyes on this from you guys who have run Americans before and swapped parts.

Thanks!

Recent Posts