Wow…just wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't gonna say anything because I don't wanna sound like I'm gloating…….
But I have to say it, to let y'all know about the good ol' LGS's spread all over the the US.

I called the LGS sales guy called me back and he agreed to put an 8 lb. jug of that aside plus 1K ea. of primers, one what's BR-2's, and H1000 and Varget. I got till Tuesday afternoon to pick it all up.
I didn't see it as gloating. Most guys dont want to buy the big jugs and the price is about 100 bucks over what it was last summer. I bought 2 8lb jugs last October for 489 with tax, which was still steep I thought. It was under 200 bucks a jug before rona. That was the last thing I bought except for 1 lb of h1000 I found on the shelf in December behind a bunch of h380. I assume some ***** stashed it there hoping to come back the next week for it. 37.50+tax, as it should be. I still stop at every gun store I go by just to look, but everything is bare. 1 lgs finally gave up and stocked a bunch of archery stuff on the powder shelves.

Last edited:
It appears that powder or primers are still at least 1/3 more than any of us think they are worth in what would be considered a fair deal. I will buy components at that level

It appears that powder or primers are still at least 1/3 more than any of us think they are worth in what would be considered a fair deal. I will buy components at that level
Unfortunately they've figured out we'll pay what we have to to roll our own especially with the cost of Factory ammo being insane.

Just for grins I did some looking a few weeks ago and found 300 Rum Ammo at over 5.00rd and 375Ruger at 4.50. Even 260 Rem was over 3.00rds in some places.

I'm glad I bought enough powder three years ago that I'll probably never be in a serious need again. Just keep it cool and sealed and it lasts forever. If you are going to keep an open jug around add some silica packets to keep it "powder dry".

I have plenty too...but I feel like I cant shoot any because I cant replace it.
Well that is just plain silly. You CAN replace it, u just don't like the price. The whole point of having an inventory is to be able to shoot, to have inventory and not shoot makes no sense at all.

It just stinks, first it shows up at the power meter hooked to the house, then the fresh produce isle. Then the dairy coolers, then the gas pump……
These may be out of order, but the reason I quit chewin' was inflamed prices (and 35 ish years is enough)

It was only a matter of time before we all got to experienced the giant hike in our hobby. I am not happy about the prices but I'm glad they are more stable than the lumber market.

A 21yr old kid I am helping out thought it was stupid to reload and a pour investment, this day in age to invest in loading equipment. We had a "Big Crayon" math class and he now owns a Lee kit with all the goodies he needs for a .308
And he can write of his loading equipment @ $.035 per round for the next 3 years. Then upgrade if my reloading crystals are all aligned

Well that is just plain silly. You CAN replace it, u just don't like the price. The whole point of having an inventory is to be able to shoot, to have inventory and not shoot makes no sense at all.
I know and I do, but it FEELS like i shouldn't. Like drinking the last beer in the fridge or spending money when u know you're getting laidoff

I have plenty too...but I feel like I cant shoot any because I cant replace it.
I got something to say.
I the vent of evil divorce crap, I lost many many bullets, primers and powder. That bratt doesn't even know how to seat a primer. Hahaha

But I made it out with 12 lbs of various powder and and sizes of primers. Not what I wanted, but just enough to keep in check it busy; never giving to defeat.

I can assure you, I am in a better place now. I never had a "go fund me", other than my own funds. My shooting has tripled. And my stick in reloading supplies has NEVER suffered.

P.s.
I'm getting all my other stuff back
Gotta love an equity state

It just stinks, first it shows up at the power meter hooked to the house, then the fresh produce isle. Then the dairy coolers, then the gas pump……
These may be out of order, but the reason I quit chewin' was inflamed prices (and 35 ish years is enough)

It was only a matter of time before we all got to experienced the giant hike in our hobby. I am not happy about the prices but I'm glad they are more stable than the lumber market.

A 21yr old kid I am helping out thought it was stupid to reload and a pour investment, this day in age to invest in loading equipment. We had a "Big Crayon" math class and he now owns a Lee kit with all the goodies he needs for a .308
And he can write of his loading equipment @ $.035 per round for the next 3 years. Then upgrade if my reloading crystals are all aligned
I'm pretty upset right now. In the swamp riding out the last weekend of waterfowl season. Went to town to eat supper and go to wally world for rv antifreeze. They were completely out of the stuff so I'll have to wait a week. What they were not out of were young families in their 20's towing little ones. Every one looked sad, and it really upset me. What chance do they have for a life like we've all had? We have been fat and happy and let all this happen. It is our fault and we better fix it quick if any of us care about them.

I'm pretty upset right now. In the swamp riding out the last weekend of waterfowl season. Went to town to eat supper and go to wally world for rv antifreeze. They were completely out of the stuff so I'll have to wait a week. What they were not out of were young families in their 20's towing little ones. Every one looked sad, and it really upset me. What chance do they have for a life like we've all had? We have been fat and happy and let all this happen. It is our fault and we better fix it quick if any of us care about them.
They'll have to pay double price for it at the next convenience store or truck stop.

We've grown fat, lazy, and terribly spoiled over the last 30 years.

When I was a kid and we took off on a cross country trip we never counted on being able to find antifreeze and oil (at least the brands we used) up and down the interstates and highways so extra was always included in our packing list.

Today people rarely prepare ahead for emergencies because they are so used to being to get whatever they need whenever they need it.

A couple of really hard, cold, wet winters will change that thinking.

I'm pretty sad, too! 🙄
There was an attempt last week to do some exterior work, Mother Nature had different plans. So now it's Sunday and I'm gettin up to make coffee and head to work. My apprentice and I will work today and tomorrow.
It's a 2.5 hr drive, we will stay in a motel🤔

I'm sad that I can't go to fast food joint without seeing a "Help Wanted" sign, or any other business.

If half those twenty year olds went and got jobs
You only be half as sad….. or maybe you'd be half more again more sadder. Those twenty something year old kids will be assisting you !

I bet I go through twenty applicants to find one ☝️ just one ☝️laborer. As far as fixing anything for the future generations….lmao

I'll never forget a lesson my dad helped teach me when I was 19 or so. I called and asked for some $, he sent it and I paid him back.
I asked again a week later, he asked why I needed money and I told him i wasn't making enough.
He told me to get two jobs and my problems would get better twice as fast. Ya know what, he was right.
Gonna pause and have some coffee before I rant my head off 🤡

Status
Not open for further replies.