Wow- Holy Cow Brass

Muddyboots

Couple weeks ago, I was shooting the infamous .270TH at range and another shooter I knew was shooting a .270 as well. He was blown away by the TH. He mentioned to me he had some brass he had been saving up and would like to give it to me since I was a .270 fanatic like he was. He only shoots factory and does not reload.

So I ran into him this morning and HOLY COW! Handed me about 120 R-P, 100 Win, 40 Hornady and 40 06 R-P brass. All 1X factory in box brass. Refused any payment at all. Just got depriming the R-P and reamed primer pockets. Had some boxes laying around so now sorted ready for brass work.

Loading up some "factory" loads for him as thank you but very nice surprise.
C2952B23-35AD-4385-8B59-9E474E7B8028.jpeg

Your buddy is a genuine guy. That was a nice gift.

My buddy shoots a 30-06, it's his only rifle. We were chewing the fat about a few cartridges and he is really interested in my 17 Remington. I told him I would build him a rifle on a trued short action I have in my possession, it's a CM action and has no owner, so I told him he could have it.
After gathering a barrel, stock, trigger and bottom metal, I gave him the rifle and said he owed me for the parts, and that's all.
About a week later he showed up at my door with a bucket. I looked him up and down and said what's this, he responded by opening the lid…it was full to the brim with 20 years worth of his 30-06 brass, which was all R-P 150g Core Lokt brass.
I never even knew he saved any of it.
I keep it for my 338-06, as I have hundreds of 25-06 brass and will never need to form any from the 30-06 brass.
He loves that rifle and brings out 'on special occasions' only.
Seen him take a fox a 450 metres with that rifle on 3 occasions now, it has only just sped up and shoots itty bitty groups.

Cheers.