Wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it!

sambo3006

Wouldn\'t have believed it if I didn\'t see it!

My buddy and I were down at the range today working up some loads for our 300WM's. His is a Savage synthetic stock and mine is a 700 LSS. He shot a couple of 1/2" groups at 100 yds with the 180 SMK (full length sized new brass) and wanted me to try a group with his load. We didn't have any more clean targets downrange, so I shot at his target. My gun was printing 2" high with a hotter load and the 180gr Sierra BT. We figured the group would print in a different spot and not mess up his nice just over 1/2" group.
I fired the first round and didn't see the bullet hole through my scope. I figured it was not on the paper. I shot 2 more rounds and the hole on the target looked like it might have gotten a little bigger, but I couldn't tell. Anyway, what are the odds of my group hitting the same spot as his? Well, we got down there and found this group that measured 0.7" for all six of our shots! Like I said, I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it! This target is getting framed!
Lynn-SamGroup.jpg

Re: Wouldn\'t have believed it if I didn\'t see it!

Not bad for 2 different guns with 2 different zeros into the same group unplanned!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.