Would you?

coop2564

Would you use a cut fluted barrel with a suppressor? I have a browning Max LR with 26" fluted barrel, would like to cut down to 20" and thread for suppressor. But that would leave the fluted part with no solid shoulder edge for suppressor to tighten against. But unfluted part would be there for it to tighten against. Would that be enough shoulder to can to make it work okay?

Just reducing the shoulder bearing surface (due to the flutes) shouldn't cause any grief and might even increase the bearing surface tension, like using a star washer. You also might find that the new bearing surface diameter of the barrel matches the bearing surface diameter of the supressor more closely after cut-off despite the fluting...??

I'll just throw out a thought to check on. Is it possible for the pressure inside the device you thread onto the barrel, to escape out the back where the flutes are?

I wouldn't think so. The threads should seal that. The gun shoulder to can shoulder, shouldn't really have a function of sealing...maybe slight support help in alignment?