Whom Would You Use-Shipping

I sent a scope usps insured. They damaged the scope and shorted the guy $175 of what it was insured for($950). we proved it was a $1350 scope new, and they said it was packaged adequately. I guess when you loose billions of dollars last year they have to try to make it up somewhere.

Brent

I shipped a Rem rifle in a plastic hard case which was them placed in an over-pack box. UPS smashed the package so badly that the scope was damaged and the bolt handle busted off the bolt. It is hard to believe that this was an accident. It certainly didn't happen by "mishandling" the box.

I now use the Post Office, which is much more convenient than UPS, and haven't had a problem. Rates are good too with a shipping cost of about $17 plus insurance.

Varmint Hunter, did ups make good on the claim? In my line of work I travel daily through alot of shopping centers and see many ups trucks unloading. It amazes me that when you look into the back of some of their trucks...especially this time of year how the truck is literally crammed full with boxes crushed floor to ceiling. They ought take a snapshot and use that in one of their next commercials/promos.

They made a partial reimbursement and fought the balance. I eventually bought a new SS bolt but it took awhile. Lots of down time for this rifle.

It took a tremendous amount of force to cause the damge that occured, especially the way I had it packed. It didn't happen by shoving boxes in a truck. More like driving the truck over it.

UPS did me a favor because I always drove way out of my way to use them, thinking that they were the best shipping carrier. Now I use the USPS which is only a few blocks away from my home. So far so good and I never get a hassle about shipping a rifle as some others have experienced with UPS.

While I'm at it - wasn't it UPS that started all the "hazardous" shipping fees on powder and primers which has made ordering these items difficult and expensive? And...... wasn't it UPS that now forces you to ship handguns in a very expensive manner because their employees were stealing them? IMO, UPS is no friend of the American sportsman. I'm happy to avoid using them.

I've also delivered hundreds of rifles with no damages. Sorry you had such a bad experience with UPS.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.