Would you shoot this deer?

ew-biggie-007.jpg

Would you shoot this deer or consider leaving it for seed for more like him in the future
? No right or wrong answer. I realize it could be a trophy of a lifetime. Just wondering what others might consider?

You could leave him for seed, but there is no guarantee that he will produce offspring of trophy quality such as himself. I'd go ahead and shoot him.

Shoot the left buck, he is probably not the contributer to the gene pool you want. Harvest him let the other go until he is a 5x5 or larger then start thinking about it.

"the only time you can have too much fuel is when you are on fire!"

Shooting either will make no difference in the future outcome of your herd good or bad. There are too many variables to account for in a free range herd.

Deer are like Frenchmen. screw and run. I'd have dropped it as well. I'm sure it had already 'freshened' quite a few doe.

I fondly remember my first trophy Mule Deer kill. He was busy 'spreading his seed, mounted on a doe and I waited until he was finished and dropped him on the spot. His copulation gave me plenty of time to get my aim and distance dialed in so it was a perfect kill shot.

Last thing that went through his mine was his experience with the doe and

What part of him did you mount?

ew-biggie-007.jpg

Would you shoot this deer or consider leaving it for seed for more like him in the future
? No right or wrong answer. I realize it could be a trophy of a lifetime. Just wondering what others might consider?
This really leaves little to think about. I myself feel that this buck's gene pool has most likely been been established,and carried on many times over and this would make him a prime candidate for harvest. In that light I would have to reply Yes ! Boy he sure is a beautiful sight along with his partner,yes indeed this may happen only once in a hunters lifetime !

ew-biggie-007.jpg

Looks to me like hunters have passed on him before. He's been around for a while and his progeny is right behind him. Yup, I smell gunpowder.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.