Which ammo would you use?

jeffreyjwilliams

My 10 year old and I going on a MLDP deer hunt next week (Texas Youth Hunting Program ). It will be his first deer hunt and he is using a Tikka T3x lite in 6.5 creedmoor. We have practiced with all the ammo below and they all shoot well in the rifle. The blinds are about 100 yards from the feeders. (The likely shot will be around 100 yards)Curious to hear recommendations on which ammo to use? With proper shot placement I know that they will all work well, but wonder what you all think is most effective.

Attachments

• B5346A35-8FD3-4CD9-BAD2-5123D3E3E7A2.jpeg
    B5346A35-8FD3-4CD9-BAD2-5123D3E3E7A2.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 200
All 4 hit same point of impact at 100? All of them would work fine. If they all shoot good, next time I'd load up on whatever one you can get a bulk buy on. These days that could prove challenging I guess. Good luck to him on his hunt!

Yeah when we went to practice the groups were all pretty similar and there wasn't a round that really stood out. The Tikka seems fine with all of them. I was able to load up on the core-lokt.

My 10 year old and I going on a MLDP deer hunt next week (Texas Youth Hunting Program ). It will be his first deer hunt and he is using a Tikka T3x lite in 6.5 creedmoor. We have practiced with all the ammo below and they all shoot well in the rifle. The blinds are about 100 yards from the feeders. (The likely shot will be around 100 yards)Curious to hear recommendations on which ammo to use? With proper shot placement I know that they will all work well, but wonder what you all think is most effective.
The core locks

Recent Posts