Wolf Hat Trick!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I witnessed a white dog up behind my house while I was hunting running around this "nob" with its tail wagging and nose to the ground, no it was not a hound I know the difference. Few minutes later it was dragging something off what looked like a leg bone of an animal, this house dog was probably at least .5 mile away from the nearest house and was about an hour after daylight.
2 years ago I witnessed dogs chasing 2 deer about 100 yards from my house in late feburary with about 2 feet on the ground I had a rifle in my had and thought long and hard about shooting them right there but I give them a pass this time and called F @G he thought he knew who the dogs were from and was gonna check into it I told no more passes he said dont call anybody then. Dogs that are running around .5 mile from the nearest house with there noses on the ground are up to no good I will not put up with it.
I'm not condoning shooting dogs next to packs but people who let there dogs run loose and chase wildlife well!!!

I witnessed a white dog up behind my house while I was hunting running around this "nob" with its tail wagging and nose to the ground, no it was not a hound I know the difference. Few minutes later it was dragging something off what looked like a leg bone of an animal, this house dog was probably at least .5 mile away from the nearest house and was about an hour after daylight.
2 years ago I witnessed dogs chasing 2 deer about 100 yards from my house in late feburary with about 2 feet on the ground I had a rifle in my had and thought long and hard about shooting them right there but I give them a pass this time and called F @G he thought he knew who the dogs were from and was gonna check into it I told no more passes he said dont call anybody then. Dogs that are running around .5 mile from the nearest house with there noses on the ground are up to no good I will not put up with it.
I'm not condoning shooting dogs next to packs but people who let there dogs run loose and chase wildlife well!!!
My point is, sometimes animals get out - despite an owners best efforts. My GSP has a strong prey drive and would chase any animal he saw running. So my dog gets out one time and chases a deer - its justification to shoot my dog? Thats messed up man...thats different than feral dogs or owners who really dont care. I read an article this week on espn about a chocolate lab who busted on the field during a georgia football game. You shouldnt shoot a dog for being a dog.

So it's not messed up to chase deer in 2 feet of snow in late feburary when there stressed out from a long winter. THATS MESSED UP!!
Yes, I feel that someones pet dog is more valuable than a deer. Would I be ****ed that the owners didnt have their dogs under control? Sure, but I am not shooting someones pet. Seriously tho - my gsp chases a deer? What is the end result? He isnt going to kill it. He would probably sit there and bark at it or maybe even start licking its ear and trying to be its buddy. Not all domestic dogs have a pitbull or wolf mentality. But they chase stuff...its what most dogs do.

I have a border collie that lays there and just watches deer, grouse and turkeys come into my yard, the elk she barks at but doesnt chase them. Dogs are like kids you teach them from a young age what's right and wrong and they will obey.
I know alot of hound hunters who chase mtn. Lions and bears but will not put up with there hounds chasing deer.

You can attack me if you want, a pet is a dog that behaves and not running loose chasing wildlife
I consider myself a very responsible pet owner I have property fenced in and I have my yard fenced in again in 16 years my dogs have gotten out three times luckily they made it
35E54A05-5956-4137-8144-72CAA85F85C4.jpeg
home as much as it would upset me about them being shot I would hope someone would give them a pass because they have not done it twice even in several years Especially because they have a collar around here pets have collars feral dogs do not

Status
Not open for further replies.