Wolf Hat Trick!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Predator you can attack me all you want not gonna change my mind about people who do nothing to control there dogs from chasing wildlife, here in montana theres laws for that.
Bill your situation is not what I was referring to, dogs get out I get it it's people who do nothing to try and stop it and obviously when I described the dogs the F@G knew of them so obviously this wasnt the first time and they came from a mile away.

Straight from the Montana F@G website.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191117-104547_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191117-104547_Chrome.jpg
    641.5 KB · Views: 138
Predator you can attack me all you want not gonna change my mind about people who do nothing to control there dogs from chasing wildlife, here in montana theres laws for that.
Bill your situation is not what I was referring to, dogs get out I get it it's people who do nothing to try and stop it and obviously when I described the dogs the F@G knew of them so obviously this wasnt the first time and they came from a mile away.

I definitely appreciate it but I have been on both sides of the fence this is a very tough subject for me as I have feral dogs come here quite often I have dispatched several that is the main reason I put up the fence around my acreage so I see both sides it's a very tough subject for me,In Tennessee it is also illegal to allow your animals to run at large

The big key is intent. If you let your dogs run, it's on you. If you attempt to contain them, great. If you're in the field and see a domesticated animal and choose to shot it, or not, it's up to that individual. Just be very keenly aware that there are some people in this world that hold a domesticated pets life in higher regard, to someone hunting for sport. And just to be super clear, 1 mile from home is so close, it's not even funny. That is not uncommon.
For the guy shooting domesticated dogs and then plastering his "accomplishment" all over the internet, there is a special place in Hell, for you.

I definitely appreciate it but I have been on both sides of the fence this is a very tough subject for me as I have feral dogs come here quite often I have dispatched several that is the main reason I put up the fence around my acreage so I see both sides it's a very tough subject for me,In Tennessee it is also illegal to allow your animals to run at large
Feral is different than lost - I think we have to make that distinction in this conversation. The ones Pitcher shot were somebody's pets. @L.Sherm isn't differentiating between the two either.

Oh yes I am, I said I give the dogs a pass if they continue then the problem needs to be fixed. I live in a very rural area and back up to thousands of timber land surround by trees. Montana law says "authorized "not it just has to be law enforcement.

Again, let's be very clear. In legalese, Joe Blow on the corner, hunting for sport, is NOT an "authorized" agent of the State. Farmer John, protecting livestock, isn't either. That said, "John," has legal protection, to safeguard a commodity. Joe, out hunting 1 ac., or 1,000,000, does not.

My arguement is not rubbish montana law addresses the pack instinct.lm done arguing about this.

My point is, sometimes animals get out - despite an owners best efforts. My GSP has a strong prey drive and would chase any animal he saw running. So my dog gets out one time and chases a deer - its justification to shoot my dog? Thats messed up man...thats different than feral dogs or owners who really dont care. I read an article this week on espn about a chocolate lab who busted on the field during a georgia football game. You shouldnt shoot a dog for being a dog.

edited. Dog owners who vehemently defend their dog's right to trespass are usually the ones who let their dog run and do damage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts