Witt Machine Clamp on Muzzle Brake

There aer smaller ones available. I'm considering one for a Featherweight M70 with a pitted barrel. After I change the barrel I could always have it threaded for another barrel.

I've put one on my Tikka T3 270 WSM but haven't shot it yet. One of my concerns is with galling of the two metal surfaces with the heated barrel. Did anyone use anti-seize or similar when putting the muzzle brake on the barrel?
Blue loc tite. Have one on my Rem 308. 1500 rounds & no problems. Again measurements are critical.

I've been doing research on braking my Tikka T3x 6.5 Creedmoor and honestly not crazy about cutting off barrel length getting it threaded. I see the Witt clamp on brake has good reviews. I am going to get the exact measurements and place an order.
Anyone here got first hand experience with then Witt clamp on brake?
I have one on my Browning A-Bolt stalker in 7mm Rem Mag stainless, and it works great. Excellent recoil reduction and no change in poi.

I've put one on my Tikka T3 270 WSM but haven't shot it yet. One of my concerns is with galling of the two metal surfaces with the heated barrel. Did anyone use anti-seize or similar when putting the muzzle brake on the barrel?
I use blue loctite. I've taken it off twice in two years to clean, and there is no galling whatsoever on my barrel.

Brother John, do yourself a favor, have it threaded correctly for $100. This gives you the flexibility to use self-indexing MBs of your choice, and there are plenty of them.
I'll have to test my 30-06 208 ELDM loads in my M70 FWT first Brother Ed to check for recoil. I never used to have a problem with recoil. But with age I'm starting to get soft and am bruising like a peach lol.

Why break a Creedmoor?? No need to destroy that barrel unless you're setting up for a can. If your guide has horses, they don't like muzzle brakes any way. The noise of a muzzle brake is a freaking nuisance.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.