Anyone using a Witt Machine Brake ?

Sir, thats the problem. They sent no instructions, and their instructions page is down. Can you post the instructions for everyone else?
That could be problematic! I believe I ran across one of my boxes last week, with the instructions, but it's at my shop. So when I relocate it, I'l post it up?

Quick instruction from memory:
1. Clean about 1.5" of the outer barrel surface
2. Using a calipers, measure the barrel at the muzzle and from 1" away from the muzzle

Install:
1. Clean muzzle end/area of barrel
2. Degrease all brake components
3. Apply a healthy amount of Blue Loctite on barrel
4. Put brake on using a twisting back and forth motion
5. Apply a drop to each hex screw and tighten equally ( I don't recall the inch/lbs though) edit:14-15 in/lbs
6. Let Loctite set
7. Shoot

Last edited:
Installed the Witt on my Sendero 7mm STW.

Can't wait to shoot it.

Attachments

• 3B19091E-C734-4725-B4DE-034DFC79E976.jpeg
    3B19091E-C734-4725-B4DE-034DFC79E976.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 73
I took several measurements with my digital calipers. I noticed it slid on semi easily when installing. Is this to be expected? Don't want it to fly off lol. I applied to blue loctite to the barrel and screws.

I took several measurements with my digital calipers. I noticed it slid on semi easily when installing. Is this to be expected? Don't want it to fly off lol. I applied to blue loctite to the barrel and screws.
Yes, mine took several turns of a screw to stop it from moving.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.