Winchester primer problem

Not that hot on my 6.5-284 with the ends shown in the blue mtm box. 51 grains of H4831SC and a 140 vld. The swipe marks on my brass was after a primer blew and deformed my ejector pin, thus causing the swipe on the non-blown cartridges without noticing it damaged the ejector pin.
By the way, these primers to speak of were purchased in 2016...

Back in the early 90's, I managed Jensen's Custom Ammo in Tucson for a couple of years. It was the largest gun shop in the southwest and, like the name said, produced and sold ammo. The guy that ran our loading division decided to make some high-end 308 ammo, so he loaded about 1000 rounds using new Remington 308 BR cases and Sierra 155 gr bullets and a mid range powder charge. He took them to the range to test and the primers would ignite but not the powder. He asked me about it and I asked if he had drilled the primer holes in cases. He said he didn't check them but assumed they were all concentric since it was new brass. He didn't know the BR cases didn't have a flash hole because Remington figured the shooters who would use them wanted to make sure the flash holes met the individual shooters' specs, not Remington's.

Loaded 40 test rounds for 7mm Remington Mag. 9 out of the rounds did not fire, primer dented but no powder ignition. Unloaded the rounds and looked at them under magnifier the anvil was still there but 5 of the 9 you could put a toothpick down one side of the anvil past where the charge would go. They also looked 'dirty' which could be the powder charge that was sitting on top of them.
Has anyone had this problems with Winchester (or any) primers WLRM LHL495G?
Update; sent primers back to Winchester, called today for update they said they are sending me a check for the cost of the primers. I made it very clear I just wanted the primes to be replaced, they said NO. They are only sending checks they are using all their primers to load their own ammunition.
What the hell has happened to our hobby? I have been reloading for 30+ years and have never seen it so bad. Are these companies all run that badly they can't produce a product for their customers? I have listened to all the excuses over the years but it can't be anything else but **** poor management! After years of excuses they still can't consistently produce a product.
What is happening to America and American business!

Update; sent primers back to Winchester, called today for update they said they are sending me a check for the cost of the primers. I made it very clear I just wanted the primes to be replaced, they said NO. They are only sending checks they are using all their primers to load their own ammunition.
What the hell has happened to our hobby? I have been reloading for 30+ years and have never seen it so bad. Are these companies all run that badly they can't produce a product for their customers? I have listened to all the excuses over the years but it can't be anything else but **** poor management! After years of excuses they still can't consistently produce a product.
Well......where are the primers manufactured ? USA ? I kinda doubt it. But once again, anything produced this year has been subject to the loss of knowledgeable workers due to Covid-19. So Winchester it going to use any product made before this year to produce their ammo.

Are you shooting suppressed? If so, take a moment and check your bolt and firing pin. I have a Remington 783 30/06 that I shoot suppressed supers. I need to clean the inside of the bolt, firing pin and spring every 50-60 rounds or I start seeing primers that are struck, but not ignited. Just a thought.

With supplies being in such high demand, instead of using my H4350 and 210m federal primers I switched to using my old imr 4350 and WLMR primers for plinking steel. I know the powder is good but I encountered my first hang fire in 25 years of reloading last week and can't help but put blame on the Winchester primer. Not much confidence in them, work for playing around tho.

Hmmm.... makes you want to go out and buy some Winchester Ammo haha. Crummy deal, I would have told them that I want Gunbroker prices because that's where I bought them.

Good information to know. I've got some WLR and WLRM sitting on the shelf that will continue to sit there now.

Store primer's in dry low humidity spot. Maybe they are racing production as well due to shortages and quality is slipping?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.