Winchester M70 long range

PP/CRF-I own one but prefer CRF. New Haven M70 Classics and M70 FNs(Utah) are all CRFs from what I've seen. When buying used, I always ask for a picture of the bolt now to confirm. Serial numbers are all over the place w/ the G series and pre G.
I think all or most of the push feed and the modified CRF without the Mauser extractor were made in CT but that's getting a bit into the weeds for me. It's a shame when the bean counters start dictating to the gun makers and designers.

Fortunately somewhere along the way they sobered up.

Not to get off topic, does any besides me remember the Post 64 Model 70 that had the radical free-floated barrel that required a black plastic spacer between the stock and the barrel at the front of the stock to keep the stocks from warping when stored over the off-season? I bought one in, I think 1965 or 1966 in a .270 Win I'm pretty sure they didn't make them for more than a year or two. The "comb of the stock" was brutal under recoil even in a .270 Win. Cheers

I picked up a pre 64 mod 70 270 for my grandson that looks brand new for 600 bucks last summer . I've restored a lot of rifles and this one looks original , but my commonsense tell me better . I bought it anyway , if it's not a shooter it will get a new barrel original or not .
Original or not, $600 is a heck of a price. I traded for one last year to build on for slightly more "value" than that, and the bore was in poor shape and stock poorly refinished. Screwed on a $75 used eBay barrel and pillar bedded the stock, turned it into a killer.