Winchester M70

hawk45

Never owned one but would love to give one a shot. My local shop has late 80s M70 and a M70 Featherweight that is sometime after 1992, doesn't know the exact year. Both are in similar shape. Would one be better than the other based on year of make?

I have a M70 Ranger with a push fed action from the 80s. I much rather have a M70 push fed action than a control round fed action any day.

Owning several from old to new, they will all generally shoot well whether push feed or CRF. You will usually have to tend to the bedding pressure point at the forearm tip and the trigger to get the most out of them. If I were going to buy one it would be a 90's vintage CRF in a New Haven Super Grade(of course if you could find a good pre 64.....go for it). My favorite, bought in the early 90's in 270WSM (shown in my avatar), only has a Mcmillan super grade sporter stock, a little tuning of the trigger in terms of any work. and shoots as well as many of my customs. There is no difference in performance between using the original wood stock and the Mcmillan. Just the wood stock is so nice, I kept it aside.

Thanks guys. I'll try to get back up there and check them out better this weekend.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.