Will we ever see powders again?

I know that some of the "hot" powders (e.g, Re-26) are kinda hard to find but it's not End of Days.

Cabelas locally looks like a bomb went off, it is so empty.

local retailer full of tire kickers in a 2 hr line to look at 10 guns!

several shops I'm around here in Kansas can't buy ammo unless buying a gun they talk like it may be worse than Obama scare. David
Well you can get primers in va. And powder in IN. The price of diesel fuel is still low (road trip)
I did get a much needed laugh out of your quote.
Alas it may come to fruition at that !
Thanks for the chuckle !

I just tried to do a private party sale/transfer/background check here in Colorado on a pistol and we found out that a lot of the FFL's are refusing to do PP transfers because there is a 2-3 day backlog on the background checks-- that means you have to leave the gun with the FFL and if the buyer fails the check, the owner then has to go through a background check to get it back because it has to be logged into the FFL's logbook and can only be released with a transfer and BGC, or take the gun home but then if the owner didnt return after the buyer passed he might loose his $ and there would be a BGC in his name with no gun tied to it--big cluster if you ask me

This might mess up my sale, darn it.

Its my understanding that a gun smith can log it in as being worked on for the owner and if the buyer fails the check then it can go back to the owner without a check--- BUT you have to find a smith willing to do it that way

My fishing bud, had his car stolen from the gas station. It was recovered in Silverthorne CO, everything there the dude just needed a ride with a full tank we give him shiite to this day, and he had to go through another background check to get his semi-auto pistol, released to him again, from the PD?!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.