When will we see Vihtavuori N570?

A large portion of powders are made here in Knack a Stan,,, talk to your counter person and have them bring it in...

And yes,,, your $Usd is a $1.30 ish to ours which is a bargain for you folks...

We can cross the USA Boarder with loaded ammo so long as we are attending a shooting competion or coming down there to hunt...

The rules changed a bit with the 911 adding 2 extra lines to fill out on the form,,, but its business as usual...

As of 2014, you will need to fill out ATF Form 6NIA to receive a permit. This is also called ATF Form 5330.3D Application/Permit for Temporary Importation of Firearms and Ammunition by Nonimmigrant Aliens. Processing time to receive approval varies, but can easily be as long as 2 – 3 months. The permit is valid for one year. You may use it to cross the border with your firearms any number of times during that period.

Was at my LGS at lunch and they have N570 on the shelf. Never looked for it before so don't know if it is new or been there awhile. No dust on the bottles

In the limited testing I did with my norma improved with retumbo and a 230 berger it worked very well also. Ill be trying 8133 soon as well. The attached picture is the very first load I tried w retumbo. Obviously since it was the first load i started really low. 230 was going 2860 fps for that group. That group also had a squeeky clean and cold bore shot in it also.

Attachments

• retumbo.jpg
    retumbo.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 102
In the limited testing I did with my norma improved with retumbo and a 230 berger it worked very well also. Ill be trying 8133 soon as well. The attached picture is the very first load I tried w retumbo. Obviously since it was the first load i started really low. 230 was going 2860 fps for that group. That group also had a squeeky clean and cold bore shot in it also.

What have your findings been with N570 and the 215/230 bergers VS h1000 or retumbo for velocity and consistency?

I have every reloading component site on notification and I'm sure I'm not the only one! I have a Piercision 300 Norma Improved that I'm eager to get busy loading for. Does anyone know if/when this stuff will hit the shelves?

It has been here in Canada since its introduction. I use it all the time and am slowly weaning myself off the U.S. powders. Cannot keep track of them all. :) !!!
Try Hirsch Precision in Nova Scotia. He has all kinds...

I should add I have bought 10kg of N570 and is currently at a location in Canada awaiting pickup. Kind of splurged but should last me through a barrel of my Norma improved being built and also play with it some in my 338 Lapua. I may be buying more since the source still had it available!

n570 gave me lower es than h1000 by quite a bit. more velocity and the consistency of my 230 berger load with it is very impressive. Very mild load with a 230 going 2930. I did a ladder test with n570 and a 230. It had a 3 grain spread in powder that was 1" vertical at 400 yds. Off the bipod. There was a grain and a half spread that had .3" verticle at 400 yds and velocity flattened out there as well. I loaded in the middle of that node and shot a .764"/.182 moa group at 400 yds with it off the bipod. I had it up to 3060 fps in the ladder and quit since there was a node a mile wide at the milder velocities. Ive shot a 10 shot series over the chrono with it. 7 out of 10 shots were 6 fps es. The other 3 shots for some reason opened it up to 27 es. Those 10 shots were a half moa group at 400. Which is extremely impressive considering I got off the rifle for each shot and went back into the shop for a little bit. Came back out and shot another round down range.

Yuppers,,, just need to look around for it,,, your shops down south should be able to bring it in...

Buy bulk and don't mess around,,, you can use it in lots of different cartridges as well...

Cheers from the North

Well I did a powder charge test in the 300 norma improved with 8133 and 230 bergers .022 off the lands w cci 250 primers and lapua brass. Very promising so far. Several nodes. I cycled the bolt with one finger to better see when I got a bolt click. At 3025 fps it just barely got a faint click. There was a node at 3000 fps so I loaded 3 rounds up and shot them. ES of 10 and .240" @ 100. Loaded another 3 up and shot them at 400. There was a slight breeze but it held 1 1/4" vertical. Total of 10 shots to find that load. Not the fastest powder out there but it shot great with minimal testing. Even the 84 gr cupcake load at 2750 fps to get a velocity baseline with and foul the clean barrel shot a bughole. This barrel has about 600 rounds through it right now and is still driving tacks. Throat doesn't look bad at all. Im testing all the different powders so customers have as many options as possible. Then when they say what powder they have I can say start here and end here for charge weights.

Attachments

• 8133 @ 100.jpg
    8133 @ 100.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 103
  • 8133 @ 400.jpg
    8133 @ 400.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 136
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.