Y’all Ever See This?

I have shoot a 1:10 test 243 with 105's 100's 95's and this happens every time. Put in the 80gr NOS Ballistic Tips and put 5 on a nickel at a hundred. Use the 95gr sliver tip and be lucky to put 5 on a pie plate and yes way left or right of the bull. I put in 80gr hot cores and there it is 5 on a quarter, put in 105's not a chance.

I think the issue is weight and design for the 1:10 that's why I chosen the 1:9 twist so I can try to carry both worlds heavier and sleeker and also still have mid weight factory bulk ammo. Hopefully.

I just posted about this in another thread, my 7mm-08 does this.

Sighted in with the 139gr SST at 100 yds, the 120gr Ballistic Tip will impact 7" to the left and 1" below from target, it does it every time, then I shoot the 139gr SST and it's dead on.

Doesn't matter if I clean the barrel between the two different loads, it does it every time.

Different bullets have different POI due provably to different bearing surfaces of the bullet.

Stay safe

I just posted about this in another thread, my 7mm-08 does this.

Sighted in with the 139gr SST at 100 yds, the 120gr SST will impact 7" to the left and 1" below from target, it does it every time, then I shoot the 139gr SST and it's dead on.

Doesn't matter if I clean the barrel between the two different loads, it does it every time.

Different bullets have different POI due provably to different bearing surfaces of the bullet.

Stay safe
Good to know. This is just the worst POI shift I've seen in a gun I've owned. On rifles previous I usually see the impacts of different bullets float around the bullseye 1-2 inches. To had one type print dead center and the rest to hit consistently left 3-3.5" made me question the mounting/equipment.

Good to know. This is just the worst POI shift I've seen in a gun I've owned. On rifles previous I usually see the impacts of different bullets float around the bullseye 1-2 inches. To had one type print dead center and the rest to hit consistently left 3-3.5" made me question the mounting/equipment.

It happens more than you think, my 7mm Rem Mag does it between the 162gr SST and the 180gr VLDH as well, 5" apart from each other. The first time a saw it I couldn't understand it.

Stay safe

So I went out again. 105gr HDY Amax zeroed to center. 100gr HDY BTSP POI 2.75" left again like last time. 😄😄 Acceptable groups for each considering the initial stages of load development.

As mentioned, if shot without cleaning out the copper between different manufacturers this could cause this. Different jacket composition reacts differently when mixed.

I have had this issue with Barnes and then shooting another cup and core over the top of it and vice versa.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.