Why so bad grouping???

I have a Vangaurd 300WB synthetic stock not the fancy SMA. Its factory target is 3/8"!!! I shoot Federal Premium Sierra Game Kings. I have shot 1/2" groups@100yds. It has a muzzle brake. It still kicks hard so i bought the Axiom Black Hawk. I shot 60 rounds through it. It shure did take the recoil out. In the Axiom stock the groups went to 5". Tried different torque on the screws, made no difference. I put it back into the factory stock groups went back to 1/2". I can live with the recoil but not the inacuracy. The Weatherby site states that the Vangaurd I have a pressure point up front and that for best accuracy that is the way it is.

Good luck!

that has happen to me in the past I also had rifles do just the opposite the rifle would shoot 2in at 100yrds and shoot 2in at 400 same ammo I figured the bullets settle down at longer range (sorry got a little off topic)anyway when your problem happen to me it was a creepy and heavy trigger it shot fine for me up close but farther out It started showing up I herd some say howa trigger can be a little heavy but opinions are like butholes

if your rifle is the 1500 there is a article in the gunsmithing section of this site that might help with your trigger if u think that will help

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.