Why is there a thread for a SPECIFIC cartridge here?

I don't get the question, more so I don't really care. I only care enough to respond and say cares if the 7stw has its own thread?
It's a hunting forum and I read our of interest, you can choose not to
Now, is there a thread for .280ai?
That is my current infatuation.
@Litehiker can read on 6.5cm and I will read on other's.

OK, so it was grandfathered in. Time to drop it as it can be covered in other forums.

You are welcome to keep scrolling. Nobody that matters cares about your opinion on this topic. Plenty of other places to talk about your Creedmoor. There is literally an "ignore forum" button you could click but then you couldn't make it about yourself.

I don't understand what justifies having specific cartridge thread in this forum, especially one so obscure.
If you're doing this then the 6.5 Creedmoor would certainly deserve its own thread.
Enlighten me.please

OK, so it was grandfathered in. Time to drop it as it can be covered in other forums
I mean no offense; sincerely. Why would you want less instead of more? In my view the more variety of threads the better. Why would you want to drop a threat? What possible benefit could come from that?

I don't understand what justifies having specific cartridge thread in this forum, especially one so obscure.
If you're doing this then the 6.5 Creedmoor would certainly deserve its own thread.
Enlighten me.please.

Why is there a dedicated subforum for the 7mm STW?

Because Len Backus made one.

He started the entire website, the forum is his, and he sets the rules. So Len gets to decide such things.

I for one am most grateful to him for doing all of this and I'm happy to accept whatever decisions he wants to make on this or any other subject.

It's really just as simple as that.

deer-eats-popcorn_64.gif

The reason is very simple We were and still are a Brotherhood that conducted themselves in such a manner That Len contacted us and asked if we were interested in our own forum and of course we were, Many of the founding members are still here and still conduct themselves in the same manner, It's really that simple
How do i join

Why is there a dedicated subforum for the 7mm STW?

Because Len Backus made one.

He started the entire website, the forum is his, and he sets the rules. So Len gets to decide such things.

I for one am most grateful to him for doing all of this and I'm happy to accept whatever decisions he wants to make on this or any other subject.

It's really just as simple as that.

Amen to that! I met Len in a Coues camp that I was guiding in down in Sonora 21 years or so ago, nice fella and I appreciate what he does for us!

Why have its own thread? For exactly the reason you point out. The 7mm STW is more 'obscure' than other popular rounds. You don't have to look very far on the internet to find load and ballistic data on the 6.5 Creedmoor, 300 RUM, 28 Nosler, 300 Win Mag, 7 Mag 30-06, etc. But finding a good repository of info on lesser known calibers can be a gold mine - especially if it is filled with the amount of good knowledge available on this sight. I should think there ought to be more threads dedicated to other obscure rounds. LRH ought to be "the" sight to come to for info on such matters. Heck, we have threads dedicated to the use, performance and load data of a single bullet. How cool is that?
Agreed. This was the first sight I came to when i built my 6.5 prc, my 6.5-284, my 35 whelen, and my 280AI. I agree with the idea that we need to continue to have threads for specific cartridges...and why do we even need to talk about the creedmoor cartridges on here....you said it your self there is so much data everywhere for them. Let's make this the place to come for the odd ball and underrated cartridges. I'm 21 and I spend more time here than I do any where else on the internet. Except for classic firearms and gun broker haha.