New here

GUFFMAN

Hi Guys, my name is Jerry and im new to this site and the 7mm stw. I just bought a very nice used weatherby mark v accu-mark in 7mm stw. The gun is MINT guy put one box down the pipe. I talked to Weatherby and the gun is a US made model built in 1997. I was told its a rare gun in that caliber? So now im looking for info on ammo etc. He shot one box of Remington 140's out of it. I wanna try HSM 168 VLD but cant find them!!! Any ideas of what to shoot would be great!!!! Thanks Guys and Bestwishes Jerrygun)

Hi Guys, my name is Jerry and im new to this site and the 7mm stw. I just bought a very nice used weatherby mark v accu-mark in 7mm stw. The gun is MINT guy put one box down the pipe. I talked to Weatherby and the gun is a US made model built in 1997. I was told its a rare gun in that caliber? So now im looking for info on ammo etc. He shot one box of Remington 140's out of it. I wanna try HSM 168 VLD but cant find them!!! Any ideas of what to shoot would be great!!!! Thanks Guys and Bestwishes Jerrygun)

Jerry,

Welcome to LRH and enjoy!

You can get the HSM 168 VLD directly from HSM Retail Ammunition | The Hunting Shack (call them as their online is not real-time; good people to deal with) or Trophy Gold

Check out the 180gr too!

Good luck!

Ed

Welcome. Yes that rifle is a rare find so take care of it.

Factory ammo isn't hard to get. Nosler and Double Tap make very good quality FA for the 7mm STW. When you find something that shoots well in it, buy up a considerable amount if you can all from the same lot.

When you've shot it all up you'll then have a nice supply of once fired brass that is custom fit to your chamber ready to start reloading.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.